Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Cool quotes by Mr. Bradbury
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cool quotes by Mr. Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I love the way Ray Bradbury uses words. He can make one line have so many different meanings. One of my favorite lines in "Something Wicked" is:
quote:
They ran in urine smell of shadow, they ran in clean ice smell of moon.

I like it because it contrasts the darkness and light in such a cool way.

Posts: 14 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the way Ray Bradbury uses words.

Posts: 14 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are an impossibility in an impossible universe.

i'm awesome

Posts: 26 | Location: earth | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out.

i'm awesome

Posts: 26 | Location: earth | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My stories run up and bite me in the leg -- I respond by writing them down everything that goes on during the bite. When I finish, the idea lets go and runs off.

i'm awesome

posted Hide Post
We are anthill men upon an anthill world

i'm awesome

posted Hide Post
You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them

i'm awesome

posted Hide Post
I'm not a science fiction writer. I'm a magician. I can use words to make you believe anything.

i'm awesome

posted Hide Post
'A good teacher is an exhilarator. All the good teachers we've had, we fell in love with because they were in love with life. Now let me be in love with life. I'll stand in the middle of the planetarium, and I'll shout at the birth of the universe.

i'm awesome

posted Hide Post
We're the gift the universe gives back to itself. It's us, we're it, we're responsible

i'm awesome

posted Hide Post
Ripped Abs, where are you getting all of this?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See the address I attached (April 12) on Page 1 of these posts (RE:Spaceagecity). Abs Loves them all. Now, that is inspired!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a wonderful quote because the way it compares and contrasts the moon. It makes the shadow seem dirty but it is created by the moon which is portrayed as clean and cool.

Posts: 10 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories." – Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2438 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i hate the roman status quo.

and like ripped abs i think rays spoken word is poetry.

i love how his pauses he says "huh?" like hes saying " right? you see?"

but why?

Posts: 138 | Location: earth? | Registered: 01 January 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post