Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    'Zuzu's' Christmas Message!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

'Zuzu's' Christmas Message!
 Login/Join

posted
I was completely floored when Adventure Books received a beautiful Christmas message from none other than Karolyn Grimes, who is a Washington State resident now. Our Christmas was certainly made with that one...

Karolyn='Zuzu' from the film 'It's a Wonderful Life.'

How it Happened: A few weeks before Christmas, I sent her a letter with my views about the film, and its continuing impact on American life and the Christmas Spirit. I did not really expect an answer. She sent a beautiful message in reply. We posted up an article on our Straight Talk Blog about it, and placed her official website on our Links and Friends page.

I can tell you this sincerely: She's a wonderful lady who has had some tragedy, but even more triumph in her life. She lives in Fall City, Washington. Her Official Website represents hope and inspiration, and does not try to sell anything, or cash in on her icon-status as 'Zuzu.' She works the website personally, by the way.

It's a Wonderful Thing...you gotta love the lady. Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Robert M Blevins,

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My little ginger snap!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can get a reproduction of the original bell here: http://store.jimmy.org/index.php?cPath=22

This Christmas Walgreen's also had some great metal bells, under $2.00, shaped like angels, bearing three different quotes from the film, including "...An Angel gets His Wings." Unfortunately, I can't find them anywhere online.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Atta boy, Clarence!"

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This Christmas Walgreen's also had some great metal bells, under $2.00, shaped like angels, bearing three different quotes from the film, including "...An Angel gets His Wings." Unfortunately, I can't find them anywhere online.

I've seen this before. These items are usually contracted by the store chain and disappear fast. Happens every Christmas with some special items.

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post