Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    farewell summer
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

farewell summer
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
wabbit,duck,wabbit,duck,wabbit,duck,duck,wabbit,duck,wabbit,duck...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
alright, alright. spelling duly noted and adjusted. my attempt at speed came back to get me. Haste makes waste, not waist. my speed should be appreciated in certain aspects... the passion and credulity noted and accepted...

wascally wabbit, you!

The facts speak for themselves.

Posts: 27 | Location: Orange County, California USA | Registered: 18 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is almost like Instant Messaging. I hope that you, Depth Perception, catch my post to you on another link. It is getting late here in Florida so I should retire for the evening, although it is now 1:00 AM.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites:

And the seasons they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We’re captive on the carousel of time
We can’t return, we can only look behind
From where we came
And go round and round and round
In the circle game.

--Joni Mitchell

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh that is good, short and powerful. Thats how I like my poems. Thanks Dande.

I mentioned the children's poems. Check this one,

Free Writing

The voice of the whispering wind
The sunshine jumps behind a cloud
The sunshine warming my back
The sun gleaming through the
Window of my room as I paint
Looking out of my window,watching
The first falling leaf of Autumn
Watching the leaf falling lazily
And swiftly with the wind
Getting back to the painting
Painting swiftly with small strokes
Against the white canvas

by Jennifer Low, 5th grade

I got the book from half price books of course. The name of the book, beleive it or not is Foghorn '96.

I won't make a habit of this, I hope. I'm off today due to rain. Dandelion and whoever, whats your opinion of this one?

A Spring Burst

The Daffodils in the spring
Now have drops of rain on their petals
Magnifying secret veins of sunshine
Scents of sweet yellow fill the breezy air
Seeds are all around floating on the gray cloud wind
Like tiny spaceships
Lost, trying to land.

Good or bad? Either way, it's my muse.Smiler
Which struck just now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Bot, good for you!
For what it's worth, my favourite poets are Gerard Manley Hopkins, Dylan Thomas, Poe, and Eliot, maybe a few others if I think about it.
Check this out:
http://www.victorianweb.org/authors/hopkins/piedbeauty.html

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Braling,

Thanks alot for that. Its good, will have to look for some at the bookstore. Liked the english accent too for added color. Lately I have really been trying to learn more about poetry. Something I've really been remiss in not doing before now. I have a compilation that has something in the beginning of it that Frost wrote regarding a poem's immortality, that struck me.

"It is absurd to think that the only way to tell if a poem is lasting is to wait and see if it lasts. The right reader of a good poem can tell the moment it strikes him that he has taken an immortal wound-that he will never get over it. That is to say, permanence in poetry, as in love, is perceived instantly. It hasn't to await the test of time. The proof of a poem is not that we have never forgotten it, but we knew at sight we never could forget it."

I agree with him, and not only about poetry but about stories as well, and I most admiredly feel the same about Ray Bradbury.

posted Hide Post
Ah, Frost. Forgot about him. Another great one. I got to sing some of his pieces set to music by Randall Thompson.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i am but an amature poet and do not feel worthy or inclined to post any terrible verses and render myself so poorly spoken.
anyhoo, i like poems that rhyme and are terse. emily dickens and ogden nash.
here's one of ogden's:

"The Ant"
by Ogden Nash

"The ant has made himself illustrious
Through constant industry industrious.
So what?
Would you be calm and placid
If you were full of formic acid?"

The facts speak for themselves.

Posts: 27 | Location: Orange County, California USA | Registered: 18 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nash is loads of fun. So is Edward Lear:

There was an Old Man with a beard,
Who said, “It is just as I feared!
Two Owls and a Hen,
Four Larks and a Wren,
Have all built their nests in my beard!”

posted Hide Post
I only know the one about Johnny Bowbinni. Both of those are good though. Chapter, I'm having carp withdrawals, where are ya?

posted Hide Post
Lurking about. Roaming Walton’s mountain and elsewhere for cast members for the movie, thinking of an artist for the book and wondering if there really is a masked man somewhere named II ginlarB. Off I go…

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
scary, I was just over there, I know exactly what you mean. I was completely in the dark over there though. Must have been a power surge.

posted Hide Post
Chap, "II gnilarB" (not II ginlarB - note the misspelling) is what I can read on the glass of my office door as I sit here listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk top...

posted Hide Post
If dandelion can clone actors--by the way, is that an umbrella salesman I see coming over the hill?

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post