Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Michael Jackson, a Bradbury-worthy character
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Jackson, a Bradbury-worthy character
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Only in America could a poor black boy grow up to be a rich white woman!

Heh-heh-heh, another good one. Michael Jackson was on the Sonny and Cher show once and I keep thinking how strange that Michael decided to change his race and Chastity decided to change her gender! (She is in process of becoming a man called "Chas.")

One of my favorite Michael Jackson stories, and I have no idea whether or not this is true but it should be, is he was working with Diana Ross and when Michael went out of earshot she said, "What is going on with that boy? Every time I see him he looks different!" Someone answered, "Why, Miss Ross, it's obvious he's trying to look like you," and she said, "I look like that?"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as Michael Jackson and children, as I understand, many boys who knew him were interviewed at the time of the first accusation and all denied he did anything illegal to them, or knowing of him doing anything inappropriate to any boy. Weird, if you like, but not illegal!

One can't help harking back to J. M. Barrie, another genius suspected child molester, which, as with Jackson, was vehemently denied by those who knew him best. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cul...was-J.M.-Barrie.html How strange is it that Peter Pan was about Peter bringing the Lost Boys a mother, and Michael Jackson's Neverland was about bringing children into his life and then losing their mother? How weird is it that the original title of Peter Pan was The Boy Who Hated Mothers? And yet, Barrie wrote a glowing account of his own mother after her death, and Jackson felt his mother was the only family member fit to bring up his own children after his death! How bizarre is it that Barrie literally stole someone else's children, then another person came in and stole the inheritance he intended for them? Not to mention his favorite among them was named Michael, was a suspected homosexual, and came to a bad end? There badly needs to be a book/movie/exploration of all this, and I DON'T mean Finding Neverland! Maybe Michael Jackson was the reincarnation of Michael Llewelyn-Davies, and the more he came into this knowledge, the more he tried to get back to his original self by turning white?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
...or did he think of himself as the boy from "Hail and Farewell", always 12 years old, never growing up...

The Onion confirms my hypothesis!

http://www.theonion.com/conten...ng_of_pop_dead_at_12

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Maybe Michael Jackson was the reincarnation of Michael Llewelyn-Davies, and the more he came into this knowledge, the more he tried to get back to his original self by turning white?

Maybe - makes sense.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There ought to be a data bank of great story premises people come up with but aren't equipped to develop.

posted Hide Post
For those who believe the allegations and accusations--and I've heard so much both ways that at this point all I'm willing to say is there must be some level of fault on both sides--there is always Mr. Dark. Constructing a carnival to lure in little boys with whom to have his wicked ways, then being brought low by two of those very boys. (I know Neverland has a ferris wheel--is there a merry-go-round as well?)

Works for me.

posted Hide Post
quote:
For those who believe the allegations and accusations--and I've heard so much both ways that at this point all I'm willing to say is there must be some level of fault on both sides--there is always Mr. Dark. Constructing a carnival to lure in little boys with whom to have his wicked ways, then being brought low by two of those very boys. (I know Neverland has a ferris wheel--is there a merry-go-round as well?)

Works for me.

Oh Yeah, and a dragon slide too, along with the zoo. Too bad MJ did not have real childhood, he just never got the chance to marture as human being, stayed very child like and had the resources to live in his dreams, some of which were not very good. Jesus juice and Jesus Blood just ain't good for little boys. Hope they weren't tarnished too badly and can grow up to understand the why of it all. Father Joe is the real culpit in the soap opera. Ambition drives some to ignore the family and milk the cash cow of success. A very sorry story in all of its striations. Rest in Peace MJ.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone else said that same thing. Who was that now?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did I mention here that the bats which have been returning for thirty years took up residence in my attic again despite sincere attempts to block them? I've either discovered sweet music to the bats' ears, or pest control's secret weapon. I was planning to play my Michael Jackson recordings anyway even before he died, due to the insurance ad using "I'll Be There." Of course, after he died I had even more incentive to want to hear songs all the way through, so on Monday put a little concert on the CD player. Since hearing the bats and seeing their signs, I have not had an actual good look at one so far this year. Until today. Sometimes their chattering is so loud I look up expecting to see them, but never do. Their little voices sure carry through the walls.

When blasted with some Michael Jackson, however, they became agitated, not only quite verbal, but left their shelter and huddled in a little knot between the chimney and underside of the roof the way they do when preparing to take off. They seemed to respond the most to "Rockin' Robin" and "Ben," and I wondered whether they might know these songs were about cousins of theirs. They kept up a commentary during almost every song, but not speaking Bat, I couldn't tell if they were rockin' out or sounding the alarm! All I knew was, the bats were going...bats! Michael Jackson gained a new title: Pied Piper of Bats. Sweets for the sweet, bats for the batty?

posted Hide Post
quote:
...They seemed to respond the most to "Rockin' Robin" and "Ben," and I wondered whether they might know these songs were about cousins of theirs...

What happens if you play "Thriller"? Do they transform into Dracula?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

So, he's going to be buried without his brain. It's not like he used it as much as he should have anyhow. (Heh.) Seriously, I think removing the brain is a standard part of the embalming process.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

So, he's going to be buried without his brain. It's not like he used it as much as he should have anyhow. (Heh.) Seriously, I think removing the brain is a standard part of the embalming process.

Not that this is a fair comparison but Einstein's brain is in a jar. (pun intended)

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What if they go to the brain bank and put their brains into other bodies?

posted Hide Post
quote:
What if they go to the brain bank and put their brains into other bodies?

You've just written a new twist on Frankenstein!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post