Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Michael Jackson, a Bradbury-worthy character
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Jackson, a Bradbury-worthy character
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
What if they go to the brain bank and put their brains into other bodies?

You've just written a new twist on Frankenstein!

No, I stole the idea from the movie Young Frankenstein. I'm just saying you could have a lot of fun thinking what bodies to put Michael Jackson's brain into.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG--it just occurred to me what a big Oz fan Ray is, and that Michael played the Scarecrow in The Wiz--the character who didn't have...well, you know.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It now seems they didn't take the whole brain, just samples. They are looking into manslaughter charges.

posted Hide Post
michael jackson was a seminal figure in the expansion of the influence of the hip hop generation. which, like it or not, is here to stay, thank heavens. of the social pillars of hip hop, dance is not my favorite (that would be grafitti--or perhaps tatooing) but, mj was amaster of the art.

but if of ships i now should sing, what ship would come for me?

Posts: 18 | Registered: 22 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:I'm just saying you could have a lot of fun thinking what bodies to put Michael Jackson's brain into.

It turns out there really is no place like home after all: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvs...ed-family--body.html

posted Hide Post
To this list be sure to add "The Long-After-Midnight Girl," not only for Michael Jackson's well-known tastes in dress and makeup, but because a certain character in that story was sure of the exact situation he encountered, only to be met with a shock twist at the end. So it seems it will always be, with so many facets to Michael Jackson!

Now I am about 75%-90% convinced Michael Jackson was NEVER a child molester. Out of thousands of children he knew emerged only two accusers, both motivated by greedy parents with psychological issues. What's more, Jackson himself NEVER paid off the first accuser--his insurance company did it against the wishes of Jackson or anyone acting for him.

I was about 75%-80% convinced before that he WAS a child molester, due in large part to his sister LaToya's allegations, which she later recanted, claiming her controlling husband made her say. Due to now being convinced that he was innocent, at least of that most heinous offense, I am free to enjoy his music.

The real question now is, how are Mamas and Papas fans to play their music following Mackenzie Phillips's revelations? Even if done for attention and money (and why else? If she'd just wanted help she would see a therapist, not go public) doesn't necessarily make it untrue. And here is a case of a man who is not only a child molester, but INCESTUOUS as well! Now how are any of us to play the recordings we have so enjoyed without feeling creepy? Discuss.

posted Hide Post
Called to mind something said after the trial, along the lines of, "Michael Jackson may have molested children, but he did not molest *this* child." Yet never has any case surfaced where it could be proven he did! And never mind extortion attempts on Jackson--how about all the muckrakers who would have been waving money at any legitimate victim?

posted Hide Post
Come on, dandelion. You never read the court transcripts? You never listen to Jackson in interviews?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
Come on, dandelion. You never read the court transcripts? You never listen to Jackson in interviews?

I saw the statements of the first boy, which, it seemed, could have been easily invented. As for the second boy, I never read the transcripts, just brief descriptions of the proceedings. As for interviews, Jackson seemed to be a pathological liar on many subjects. I can't speculate on why--anything from a wish to maintain an air of mystery to really something to hide to serious psychological problems. In any event, it was very hard to tell what to believe based only on his words. One has to weigh them along with other sources.

posted Hide Post
Charlie said it perhaps first, and certainly best, in Dandelion Wine, but here it is again:

"Good grief, they ruin everything!"

After convincing myself I didn't have The Mamas and the Papas Greatest Hits on CD, I found it, of course, while looking for something to play. I was only mildly creeped out a few times, and not at all by this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4zkF6XaWgI which has to be my absolute favorite of theirs, although, considering the lyrics of the last verse and who wrote them, I could easily have been.

Then today I open the paper to this: http://www.nydailynews.com/lif...during_feeding_.html

I'll say this: "Good grief, they ruin everything!" and, don't forget, "Black bears make lousy house pets!"

But, ya know what? The song's been a huge favorite of mine forever, and it still is.