Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    WHY! Does Ray Inspire?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHY! Does Ray Inspire?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
....think about waking up every day, EVERY DAY, with a new set of eyes. The ones you used yesterday saw the limits, the unconventional, the obvious and the not so. Then you sleep. The very next day you rise, as if in the waking hours before the strained blurr that is before you, a new set of eyes, or a new look on the world have been installed. You are the same person as before but how can you be when you are the true definition of a PARADYM OBSERVATIONALIST.....those that see what others do but in a different way each day, with new eyes. Ray Bradbury is this. And the kid in him makes it exponetial!!!Truly.
Greetings from Canada
Peter James Billing

Posts: 12 | Location: canada | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nail on the head...real hard. That's what you've hit Nard. Square on that rounded head with a huge thump your mighty hammer has once again driven the nail of truth deeper into the plywood of disbelief.

There is actually someone out there who has crossed all barriers. He has reached out and touched the souls and minds of children (no matter what age, race , or any other subdivision we could conjure up) with a vision of "what could truly be". His name is Raymond. Ray for short. And he has changed the face of history...for the better...

I say Thanks, once again, and again...to our (my) mentor...

believer in Douglas

Posts: 58 | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Courage. Confidence. Conviction.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fahrenhiet 451 changed my life...litterally.

he was the reason why first wrote.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something Wicked This Way Comes changed my life forever.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Martian Chronicles.

And Dandelion Wine.

Changed my life.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to go with the triad of Fahrenheit 451, Martian Chronicles, and Dandelion Wine as life altering. With Illustrated Man and Something Wicked a very close second. Maybe I should just group these books as one, as blazing rays(yes) of a five pointed star, a fivad perhaps?

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, he answered this question recently at the Book Festival. He said it's because he's in love with what he does, and his joy and child-like wonder is infectious, and spills over to his audience.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug (John):

Please give me a call. It is about your project we talked about at UCLA, kind of.

John (You can never have too many Johns)...(it has to be said.)

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt, done.

4E will ring Ray up probably later today!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
jkt, done.

4E will ring Ray up probably later today!

We have done a good thing. See you, Friday after next.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
We have done a good thing.

I'm happy to liaison between two giants of the genre anytime!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
We have done a good thing.

I'm happy to liaison between two giants of the genre anytime!

...who have been good friends for over sixty years...

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Airsurfer:
I think that Ray inspires because he's able to translate a real problem into a metaphor, or into a surreal problem.

And accurately!

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury speaks intimately to each who ventures to listen!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post