Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    HAPPY HaLLoWeeN RAY BRADBURY!!!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HAPPY HaLLoWeeN RAY BRADBURY!!!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Happy Halloween season to all TRUE believers.....the best time of the year for me!!Smiler

"Why do people take drugs anymore when reality has become hallucination?!!"

Posts: 10 | Registered: 08 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those
who know
how
to view
a
Stereogram
with your
naked eyes,
here's a
nifty one
for Halloween:

Imagerds-death.jpg (140 Kb, 12 downloads)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see it, I see it!

You said naked.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see it too. Neat that it's made up of bones!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't see anything.......is that serious!!??Frowner

Rob

"Why do people take drugs anymore when reality has become hallucination?!!"

Posts: 10 | Registered: 08 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yow!! Deep and heady stuff!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Yow!! Deep and heady stuff!

I know! I feel like I'm on a trip with George.

A day trip. In the car. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Actually, I will be - I'm meeting George later today to attend a private screening of Chrysalis with him and Mr B. We're also going to be talking about some ideas concerning making some short animated films of a poetic nature, not unlike Icarus.

I told him "let's do it - there's Oscars to be won!"

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once or twice I've seen these things correctly, but I (like about 50% of folks) tend to see these things as concave rather than convex images.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nice stereogram......Happy Halloween!

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
I'm meeting George later today to attend a private screening of Chrysalis with him and Mr B.

And so we did. Just got home from dropping George off after the screening. Had a stimulating conversation on the ride back - all about religion. Then we decided to stop by George's favourite local restaurant to sit out on the patio and enjoy a cuppa. I'm not saying there was any smokin' going on, but it was a patio, and thus favourable to smokers.

Good old George.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Hey, Hey!

Some of these pictures are older than Ray!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/opiummuseum/sets/72157607495777601/

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion, the one of that wasp looking creature riding a bicycle is eerie for sure.

What does Bradbury do on Halloween?

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandy, I perused them all and thought of these:

Halloween Tree: http://www.flickr.com/photos/opiummuseum/2966066765/in/set-72157607495777601/

SWTWC (Mr. Dark's Carnival):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/opiummuseum/2986463040/in/set-72157607495777601/

April Witch:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/opiummuseum/2949174712/in/set-72157607495777601/

Happy Halloween from Waukegan, c. 1923 ~ Mr. B:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/opiummuseum/2981127446/in/set-72157607495777601/

Great photos that outdo any commercial disguises now waiting to be donned. Our boys this All Hallows, a Hillbilly and a Young Count Dracula...homemade!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salamander:
dandelion, the one of that wasp looking creature riding a bicycle is eerie for sure.

Yeah, I thought a lot of them looked eerie. I think it has to do with the b&w and sepia tones somehow.

quote:
What does Bradbury do on Halloween?

He signs books at Vroman's Book Shoppe in Pasadena and goes to Disneyland with the grandkids.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
A glad-sad Hallowe'en to all!

"Live Forever!"