Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Appropriate Flowers
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appropriate Flowers
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
maybe it could be both?

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very near LA, and will make sure to be available for either or both.

Dandelion,
I read your post and you mentioned it elsewhere on these forums, but I can't figure out how to PM.

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Groon, and anyone else interested, I will write you. I just didn't want to post my email in the forums.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, but the date isn't set in stone yet. Zee told me that they're leaning toward 8/22 or 10/31, which, she said, was the day he always said he should have been born!

Mog the Dog here. If I remember correctly, Ray said that he was born several weeks past his due date. That would mean he could have conceivably been conceived on Halloween! I think being conceived on Halloween would be way cooler than being born on Halloween, so I am going to imagine that October 31, 1919 was the day...

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, MogtheDog. You have been missed. Seeing your post in this thread made me immediately think that "appropriate flowers" would be PUMPKIN flowers. (They do have flowers, don't they?)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Welcome back, MogtheDog. You have been missed. Seeing your post in this thread made me immediately think that "appropriate flowers" would be PUMPKIN flowers. (They do have flowers, don't they?)

Indeed, they most certainly do!

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By the way, that photo I took of the pumpkin blossom was from last June. This year, when left to its own accord, Halloween sprouted voluntarily in the late winter compost pile, grew vigorously, blossomed early, and then came into its full fruition in early June:

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MogtheDog:
...that photo I took...

But Mog, how could you have taken the photo when you are in it? Perhaps you meant to say that your favourite human took it for you.

Big Grin

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MogtheDog:
...that photo I took...

But Mog, how could you have taken the photo when you are in it? Perhaps you meant to say that your favourite human took it for you.

Big Grin

I'm a little toy brindle dog. Of course I can take a photo and be in it at the same time. I do it all the time. I thought you knew that about my kind...

Heh...heh...heh...

MTD

posted Hide Post
For the regulars, the cat is away from Friday till late Monday. The deputy is on duty. There will be a report of our visit to pay our respects to Ray among other things.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy travels, cat. This deputy has been off duty for a few days, but now finds himself holed up in a hotel with free wifi, and so is back on duty.

Heck, I even saw off one of them there spam-filled postings a few minutes ago.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Heck, I even saw off one of them there spam-filled postings a few minutes ago.

...and contemplating deleting the f word - I've been watching!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post