Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury's Relevance
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury's Relevance
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
When one wins a Medal of Freedom for contribution to American literature, and that contribution was one book, that must have been some book!

It was.

TKAM will be shown in February at the Alex Theatre in Glendale. Thought about asking RB to attend the cinematic experience, but his hearing is such that it would be unfeasible, I think.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When asked about just that topic, "Why not more books?", HL supposedly replied, "I said all I wanted to say in that one book!"

She has been a very private woman all of her life. She has spoken publicly, but rarely, and only small and select audiences, from what I understand. She has only a few articles and essays to her credit. Amazing!

Lee, Harper ('60) To Kill a Mockingbird. NY: J. B. Lippincott
Lee, Harper ('61) "Love--In Other Words". Vogue.
Lee, Harper ('61) "Christmas to Me". McCalls Magazine.
Lee, Harper ('65) "When Children Discover America". McCalls.

RB, on the otherhand, is at the complete opposite end of the writing power spectrum. Interesting, since I long ago observed many similarities of TKAM and DW!!

SEE: Way back in the attic, this!
http://www.raybradbury.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000079.html

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some may recall, maybe a year or more ago I read her biography "Mockingbird" and posted some reactions and impressions. I'm sure some were relevant...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fjp451, Harper Lee also presented a paper in 1983 at the Alabama History and Heritage Festival on an early Alabama historian named Albert James Pickett and his 1847 book on Alabama history. That essay was later published in 1993 as a small booklet called ROMANCE AND HIGH ADVENTURE in an edition of 100 numbered copies.

Posts: 2445 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post