Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    What's going on?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's going on?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hey! There's a very entertaining, creative, and Bradbury-inspired dialogue going on on the Old Board right now! Though, it's really more of a collective Bradburian stream of consciousness rather than a dialogue...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love that spooky old ghost town you all are running over that last hill in the sunset.

I had to come back and edit this post after going through those archives over there, I liturally fell out of my chair laughing!!! I mean come on, we have grasstains talking to himself, and making sense I might add. Nard telling everyone who will listen that this is a dead site, go to the new one now. Braling II, Chapter 31, Dandelion, all awesome wit!!! And when that one guy came on the board selling phone cards, I couldn't beleive it. What a burn. This site needs to be shook and rattled. It seems a little tame and too structured for some reason. The humor, warmth, and spontaneity, I think, is sorely lacking this side of the hill. Don't take this the wrong way, please. I just know, I got a great laugh tonight reading your words and it made me feel good.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kind of like the difference between “Tom Corbet Space Cadet” and “Space Patrol”.

“Shake me up, Judy!”—Bleak House
“Shaken, not stirred.”—James Bond

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chapter 31,

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well put as usual Chapter. I make a motion to move the ghost town to this site, or at least a link. I think this one needs another section for those midnight ruminations, even if its not midnight, and more nebulous discussions. Although I know this site is rightfully about our love and admiration of Ray, I think its also about the very people who are communicating here. I loved the ghost town analogy. It should be called ghost town or westworld, anything. Of course there is a great mystique over there definately like kids playing in a large haunted abandoned building with shadows, echoes, and things barely perceived out of the corners of your eyes. That would probably be lost if it got disturbed as you know, ghosts haunt the site not the structure.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post