Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    All Summer in a Day on film?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All Summer in a Day on film?
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know if "All Summer in a Day" was ever filmed for RB Theatre? If so, any idea where I can see/get it?

Jeff

Posts: 2 | Location: Canada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, it was not filmed for R.B. Theater. Several years ago I got very interested in this show, or actually the reruns of it. I found an episode list and made it a point to watch every single one. It took about three years to see them all because some are only rarely shown, but I finally managed it. At that time they were being played on the Sci Fi Channel, but I haven't seen them anywhere for a couple of years. That story was made into a short film though, because I remember showing it to my literature classes many years ago on the good old movie projector. What the studio or production company was, I can not remember, but I'm sure somewhere on the internet you could find a copy of it.

[This message has been edited by lmskipper (edited 02-27-2004).]

[This message has been edited by lmskipper (edited 02-27-2004).]

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that the story about the little girl on Venus? Who gets shut up in a cupboard by envious classmates when the sun makes a once-in-a-lifetime peek through the clouds?

Posts: 69 | Location: Matthews, NC, USA | Registered: 20 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. The film is remarkably good and often asked-after but seems to be hard to find.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This information has been posted before, but for convenience here is a website that appears to sell this film on VHS:

http://www.magiclantern.ca/Search/ProductDetails.asp?TitleID=1607513644

- Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post