Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New Yorker SF issue

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Yorker SF issue
 Login/Join

posted
jkt posted about this in another thread, but I think it deserves a thread of its own.

The story so far: in 1947, THE NEW YORKER published Bradbury's short story "I See You Never", which went on to be selected for the annual BEST AMERICAN SHORT STORIES volume. The story was later collected in Bradbury's book GOLDEN APPLES OF THE SUN.

For 65 years, no other Bradbury material appeared in the magazine.

Then, in 2012, THE NEW YORKER announced a science fiction issue. Here's the table of contents:

http://www.newyorker.com/magaz...2/06/04/toc_20120528

I'll wait here while all you Americans rush out and buy an issue. You can then tell me what you think of it!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[
I'll wait here while all you Americans rush out and buy an issue. You can then tell me what you think of it![/QUOTE]

Don't forget us Canadians! Smiler As much as I love the pulp mag bug-eyed monster heritage of sf, the cover art bugs me. Let's not take this stuff seriously now....

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post