Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Mr. Pale
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mr. Pale
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
It's a little project of ours here on the forum. (Don't go by me, I'm still LISTING the stories, let alone approaching anyone who matters with it.) If we could get Bradbury and the publishers to agree to it, it would be a miracle. Certainly Bradbury would need to establish the order and dates for the stories and write the bridge-passages to link them into a narrative which would interweave with "Book 1."

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it's a cool idea I suppose. I mean, there are other Bradbury stories that are Mars/space-related, but somehow I have the feeling that, even if he did agree to it, it just wouldnt be the same. I think MC just is what it is. It stands alone, needs no sequel. There's no reason to try to make a continuation of it. More new Mars/space stories would be very cool, but I don't think it a good idea to call them Martian Chronicles II. This is only my opinion.

Posts: 168 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I agree. Perhaps another collection of Mars stories that do intertwine, but in a completely separate universe from Martian Chronicles. Sort of a "what if Martian Chronicles never happened, and this book happened instead?"

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post