Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    MARGUERITE McCLURE HS Yearbook Photo (circa 1940)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MARGUERITE McCLURE HS Yearbook Photo (circa 1940)
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,
I thought the Members of this Group might enjoy seeing (the Future MRS. Ray Bradbury) MARGUERITE "MAGGIE" McCLURE as a High School Student. The Photo is circa 1940 and it's her Senior Year Yearbook Portrait Picture. Below is a link to the photo for your convenience. The Yearbook is presently listed on eBay. It's free to look and I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...740350#ht_4248wt_953

All the Best,
Brian "brionski"

Posts: 2 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: 01 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome brionski!

I never met either of the Bradburys. The picture doesn't look like the photos I've seen of Mrs. Bradbury. Of course people can look quite different as they mature.

Why "circa 1940"? Does the yearbook not indicate so? Curious.

Good luck, brionski.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Linnl,
Glad to be here.
I'd say MOST of the time people look pretty similar to the way they did in HS. There are exceptions. Obviously, the older you get to bigger the differences. (Except: Dick Van Dyke. That guy will NEVER change). Anyway, the 1940 Yearbook is from a Los Angeles located HS. I did some research and discovered Mrs. Ray Bradberry attended this school. Her maiden name was Margeurite McClure. I found her birthdate, added 18 years and THERE SHE WAS. You can't see it in the photos but her name is at the bottom of the page. Hope you enjoyed the listing. I also have Ray's Senior Year Yearbook. As do other sellers. It's a common book because it was a BIG School and they printed LOTS of them. Sometimes, he signed them just before Graduation and those are really worth something.
All the Best,
Brian "brionski"

Posts: 2 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: 01 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The picture looks very different from the recent pictures I had seen of Mrs Bradburry. I know there is no wonder people get changed in their look when they grow up. Thanks for sharing such rare pictures, it was interesting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: philnic,

Posts: 6 | Registered: 02 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A number of years ago while traveling around the Gaspe Peninsula, my wife and I encountered spectacular vistas along the Maritime Coast Regions and through the NE Canadian forests. On our return to NNY, we drove along Bradbury Road (in Maine) and captured a photo of the road sign for Mr. B.

However, while in a very isolated region of Nova Scotia, we had the pleasure to spend part of a day relaxing and, again ironically, appreciating where our journeys had taken us:

http://books.google.com/books?...ova%20scotia&f=false

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post