Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New book on Ray
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New book on Ray
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
This isn't really a new book, as it was published in around 2016. However, Mary Williams has self-published a book called MY RAY BRADBURY COLLECTION. A friend of Ray's for twenty years, she amassed a large personal collection which she decided to share with others in the form of a book of photos. I personally found it very interesting and enjoyable. The book is available on Amazon, and further information can be accessed by clicking on the link below:

https://www.amazon.com/Ray-Bra...al-text%2C157&sr=1-1

Posts: 2456 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just published by Cemetery Dance Books is MIDNIGHT UNDER THE BIG TOP, a collection of eerie stories and poems related to the circus. Included in the collection is Ray Bradbury's classic short story "The Black Ferris", as well as short stories by such luminaries as Richard Matheson, Stephen King and Neil Gaiman. Unfortunately, this limited edition book quickly sold out when its forthcoming publication was announced, but I am mentioning it and posting the link below to its dust jacket and contents in case someone may be interested in finding a copy on the secondary market:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/...der-the-big-top.html

posted Hide Post
Currently scheduled for publication in November, 2020 from Omicronworld Entertainment/Fahrenheit Books is VENUS REMEMBERED by Ray Bradbury and Jason J. Marchi. A slim volume, the book includes Ray's classic short story, "All Summer in A Day", and Jason J. Marchi's sequel to that story, "When the Rain Stops". However, I checked the website of Omicronworld Entertainment, and did not find any ordering information for the book at the present time.

https://www.google.com/books/e...d/dpS7zQEACAAJ?hl=en

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

posted Hide Post
New from Centipede Press is its limited edition of SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES. Unfortunately, this edition was limited to only 300 copies, and it is my understanding that it sold out within a day after being announced. However, a link to details about this version of the book is included below, in case anyone wishes to try to find a copy on the secondary market:

http://www.centipedepress.com/...somethingwicked.html

posted Hide Post
The book VENUS REMEMBERED, referred to a few postings above, is now available through Amazon. The book contains Ray Bradbury's short story "All Summer in A Day", as well as Jason J. Marchi's short-story sequel, "When the Rain Stops." William F. Nolan wrote the book's forward, and Professor Jonathan Eller wrote the introduction. For more information about the book, click on the link below:

https://www.amazon.com/Venus-R...T89XAHSVC1KXSF8RSETT

posted Hide Post
New from Xandland Press: THE PLANET STORIES COLLECTION: TEN BY RAY BRADBURY. The books collects ten of Ray's stories that appeared in the pulp magazine PLANET STORIES during the 1940's, including such scarce tales such as "The Monster Maker", "Morgue Ship", and "Lorelei of the Red Mist", the latter co-written with Leigh Brackett. For more information about the book, click on the link below:

https://www.amazon.com/Planet-...66184&s=books&sr=1-1

posted Hide Post
I received my copy of THE PLANET STORIES COLLECTION: 10 BY RAY BRADBURY. It is a handsome hardcover, and contains some of Ray's more obscure, hard-to-find stories. Few were included in his short story collections, as many do not rise to the high standards of Ray Bradbury at his best. However, the stories in the book are still entertaining, and provide a worthwhile look at a young writer honing and perfecting his craft.

posted Hide Post
I haven't bothered to look up the availability of all these stories, but anyone who wants to read them can do so by searching the Internet Archive, where I expect you'll find all the relevant issues of Planet Stories.

But others, such as "Zero Hour" and, under different titles, "Asleep in Armageddon" and "The Creatures That Time Forgot" were published in Mainstream Bradbury collections, so I have to wonder what the legalities of their inclusion are.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Hard Case Crime hardcover edition of the collection, KILLER COME BACK TO ME: THE CRIME STORIES OF RAY BRADBURY, is apparently now out of print, only months after its release last August. However, it appears that, as of this date, Barnes and Noble still has copies for sale at the original list price on its website. I would add that the less expensive trade paperback edition of the book is currently scheduled for release on August 17, 2021.

posted Hide Post
Fortunately (?) I decided to buy the much cheaper UK edition, which doesn't look as nice, but it does the job.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In its newsletter of today's date, the UK book publisher PS Publishing has hinted that it may be seeking the right to re-issue additional titles by Ray Bradbury. Specifically, it stated: "Following the success of PS’s R IS FOR ROCKET and S IS FOR SPACE, we’re aiming to work with more reprint Bradbury titles in which QUICKER THAN THE EYE would be amongst the first handful. Watch this space."

PS Publishing always does a fine job with the books it publishes. If and when any additional information becomes available, I'll try to post it.

posted Hide Post
This is just a quick reminder that Hard Case Crime's book KILLER COME BACK TO ME: THE CRIME STORIES OF RAY BRADBURY, which previously had only been available as a hardcover, will be released as a much less expensive trade paperback on Tuesday, August 17, 2021!

posted Hide Post
I am mentioning this somewhat late in the day, as this book is not really new. However, for those who may not be aware of it, Cemetery Dance published a book in 2018 called FLIGHT OR FRIGHT, a book of eerie tales about flying. The book was edited by Stephen King and Bev Vincent. Ray Bradbury's fine short story, "The Flying Machine" is included, as is Richard Matheson's story, "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet", which was turned into one of the finest and best remembered episodes of THE TWILIGHT ZONE, starring a young William Shatner. Other writers in the book include Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Ambrose Bierce, James Dickey, Roald Dahl, Joe Hill (Stephen King's son), and Mr. King himself. While the book's first printing is out of print, second printings are still available at the original list price on the Cemetery Dance website. To check out the book's dust jacket, just click on the link below:

ImageIMG_0463.jpg (33 Kb, 12 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Exciting news! Just announced by Gauntlet Press: PHOENIX 451, a new book containing at least four scripts Ray Bradbury wrote as adaptations of his novel FAHRENHEIT 451. Publisher Barry Hoffman also indicated that there will be an unsigned numbered edition, as well as a 52-copy lettered edition signed by Ray, using extra, unused tip sheets that Ray had signed for previous Gauntlet Press books. And William Shatner, who penned an introduction about Ray's writing in general, will be signing the lettered edition as well! Orders will not start to be taken under January 1, 2022, but here is some of the information as described in today's Gauntlet Press newsletter:

"...After extensive negotiations with Ray Bradbury’s estate we will be publishing PHOENIX 451, scripts Bradbury wrote based on his novel FAHRENHEIT-451.

As most Bradbury fans are aware Ray often wrote a number of drafts of his scripts, not to mention short stories. In THE OCTOBER COUNTRY he rewrote a number of stories that first appeared in DARK CARNIVAL, his first collection. We published IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE, which includes a variety of scripts he wrote for this film. MASKS is full of his rewriting. He worked on SOMEWHERE A BAND IS PLAYING over a 50-year period and, in our publication of the book, we include a number of items he later discarded.

It comes as no surprise, then, that he wrote more than one script for his most acclaimed novel, FAHRENHEIT-451. While the complete table of contents has yet to be finalized we’ll have at least 4 variations of his script based on the novel. Just as significant, we’ll be publishing in facsimile form his second typed draft of the novel which, to some extent, varies from the published version. And, there will be more to come.

Will there be a signed version, you ask? Well, over the years we’ve accumulated tipsheets that our printers didn’t have to use. We always printed more tipsheets than necessary to account for spoilage. If there were tipsheets left, they were sent back to us. There will be a signed version using what I call “classic tipsheets” – those he signed for other books. These are not copies of Ray’s signature, but his actual signature on a tipsheet. And, we have 52 tipsheets that Ray signed for a book that we were contemplating. Those tipsheets have just Ray’s signature and will be used for the lettered edition. We will also have an unsigned numbered edition.

Finally, William Shatner was kind enough to write a short introduction to Ray’s writing (rather than for a particular book) and he has signed tipsheets for the entire lettered edition.

We are not taking orders at this time for this title. As always, we will start taking orders January 1st for this 2022 release. We will however, in our last edition of the year, provide a code for those who get this newsletter so you will have first dibs on the book. We expect the lettered edition to sign out quickly and we don’t want our best customers (aka those who receive this newsletter) left out. As long as you use the code we provide, you will get a copy of the book.

By the way, the book will be edited by Elizabeth (Lizzy) Nahum-Albright, Donn Albright’s daughter. Donn compiled the material but passed the torch of editing the book to his daughter. All of our Bradbury releases have been edited by Donn Albright and it is only appropriate that he play an important role in PHOENIX 451. He brought his daughter on board to do the heavy lifting.

It has been my dream to publish one last Bradbury title. PHOENIX 451, like many of our books, will add to Bradbury’s legacy."

posted Hide Post
Thrilling news and a great title. Thanks Richard!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post