Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    "MERRY CHRISTMAS"
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"MERRY CHRISTMAS"
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...Nope - can't sing a note!...

You could always use the technique used by British politician John Redwood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIwBvjoLyZc

To put the clip in context, this was a man who had responsibility for the country of Wales, but who didn't know the words to the Welsh National Anthem. So did he stand by in humble, dignified silence while all around him sang?

No.

He pretended.

And produced the worst piece of miming ever seen.

This clip is a perennial on British comedy clip shows.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's on the turntable. Perhaps my favourite Christmas song.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Saint Nicholas Day!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our Spirited Best Wishes to all on board and especially those we met this summer in warm CA.

jkt, thanks for your keen insights; regards to Mr. Bradbury. Sundance, put your feet up and warm yourself by the fire! DS, thanks! Santa is coming to town! Nard, Peace and good Health. Dandy, may the Carollers arrive singing your favorite song. Mr. Dark, wishing you some snow on the distant prairies! Biplane, are the palm trees outside your window decorated?

Merry Christmas and Peace!

A little something for all of us:
http://prairiewestllc.com/yaho...12.349140604_std.jpg

f&jp&scruffs

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas, safe travels, and Peace be with you all!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
DS, thanks! Santa is coming to town!

Did you get the DVD yet?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
DS, Fri. last! Just great. Thus my "thanks." Long, busy days of late. (Watch your mail!)

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sven & Ole on the air! Yes, it's that time again!
Scandihoovian Christmas Humour!
Tune in tomorrow, Wednesday Dec. 23, 8:30 am, KSCO, AM 1080...if you dare!
(You MIGHT be able to listen on line at KSCO.com, but I have trouble with it.)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reviving this three year old thread to wish everyone the Merriest of Christmases* and the Happiest of New Years.

Don't forget to track Santa:
http://www.noradsanta.org/en/track.html

*Or should that be Christmi?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the blast from the past. Merry Christmas past, present, and future!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peace & Merry Christmas ! to one and all, as well, from MARTIAN outpost in Alabamy.

Plan to re-listen to Ray Bradbury's reading of his story "Bless Me, Father, for I Have Sinned" this evening, and to read his new story in The Strand.

An online performance reading of "Bless Me..." is available to listen from 12/01/2009, by TRINITY REP RADIO THEATER here: http://www.publicbroadcasting....e&ARTICLE_ID=1652728

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ironically, this site is a Christmas present from Linnl, also!

In reviewing the Tangent post (RB interview), I opened on the main page location. Here are some very classic audio SF stories. Enjoy! Thanks.

http://www.tangentonline.com/old-time-radio

(The story's "play key" follows the related article.)

posted Hide Post
Happy Christmas to all!
Here's to a better year!
God bless us, every one.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post