Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    "MERRY CHRISTMAS"
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"MERRY CHRISTMAS"
 Login/Join

posted
TO ALL-

ImageMERRY_CHRISTMAS_2008_(JPEG_master).JPG (46 Kb, 40 downloads) PHOTO

Posts: 1 | Registered: 18 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And asked what book Ray Bradbury would memorize, as they memorized books in the the final scene in Fahrenheit 451, Ray said it would be this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85HBSC_YbB4&feature=email

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting video. Interesting also that Ray doesn't have a sense of eternal life beyond the grave, the joyous promise of Christmas, but of opportunity to restore mis-used hours of the past. Seems to validate things posted previously concerning Ray's ideas of an afterlife.

To us a Saviour was Born! Merry Christmas!!

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peace and God's Blessings!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the pleasure of receiving Ray's annual Xmas poem, which we read at our dinner table tonight. Now that's the start of a great family tradition.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Christmas!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure I spotted Doug Spaulding in that Mormon choir...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a lovely statement about Christmas Carol, how positive and uplifting. One of my favorite things about Ray is that he is so positive and full of hope. It's contagious.

I agree that Christmas Carol is very inspiring and has the power to make people re-think their behaviour. I remember the actor Patrick Stewart was doing a one-man stage show of Christmas Carol, touring around, and he said that people would come backstage to see him after the play and have a complete sobbing emotional break down, because they saw themselves in Scrooge. He said it was very intense.

I don't know if the people really changed their lives after that, but at least they had the moment of clarity to see the error of their ways.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I'm sure I spotted Doug Spaulding in that Mormon choir...

Nope - can't sing a note! But I do attend their parish.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the Prophet.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
TO ALL:

ImageHAPPY_HOLIDAYS_2009.JPG (38 Kb, 11 downloads)

Posts: 37 | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to all!

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post