Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Help with 1st trip to Waukegan during the Dandelion Wine Festival

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with 1st trip to Waukegan during the Dandelion Wine Festival
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,fellow Bradburians!
First off, I just want to say how wonderful it is to see other fans of Ray come together. I wish I found you guys sooner! To get to the heart of the matter, my wife and I saved up enough money to finally take us and our two girls to come up to Green Town itself and go to the Dandelion Wine Festival on June 6th. I am very ecstatic to finally make "the pilgrimage" from St. Louis. Hopefully I get to see some fans there,as well. I am wondering if you can help me to make sure I have my sites down. I have the ravine,the St. James home, the grandparents home,both Carnegie libraries,the beach,and the Genesee Theater. Am I missing anything important? Thanks for the info, guys!
Yours,
Jared

Posts: 4 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 27 May 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you will PM me your email, I can send you a map revealing EVERYTHING!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I appreciate it! My email is jaredhamline@gmail.com

Posts: 4 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 27 May 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at my blog post from a few years ago, and you will find a link to my Google Map of Bradbury's Waukegan:

http://bradburymedia.blogspot....eturned-from-my.html

I think you have all the major sites covered. There is also the "walk of fame" (or whatever it's called), where there is a "star" for Ray. And the public library is worth a look - see if you can find the Ray Bradbury room in the basement.

And if you don't feel ghoulish walking around graveyards, you can go looking for gravestones of various Spa(u)ldings and other Bradbury ancestors.

All of these are shown on my Google Map.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post