Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Rust indie film

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Rust indie film
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,
Before I get into great detail, I would like to know if it is acceptable to post some of the details surrounding my new screenplay, The Rust. As any true fan of Mr. Bradbury can probably guess, it is based directly on his short story A piece of Wood. Shooting begins on November 10th, 2004 and I was hoping to cantact Mr. Bradbury himself as well as his agent and publisher. I am aware that there is a process to filming a movie based on a specific literary work, and figured I would start withMr. Bradbury's own blessing. In fact, I have no desire to make the film without his consent. It is only a six page screenplay, and I wish to get it into the proper hands. I do not seek any funding, as I own all the proper equipment and have already cast the two leads. It is a contemporary rendition of the original, with key elements such as Sgt. Hollis remaining intact. I apologize if I am going about this the wrong way, but tell me, what is a life-long fan af Mr.Bradbury, who truely credits the man with having taught me my love of all things fantastic, my desire to act, write and direct my own films to do when he finds an entire community of my fellow peers,each with the apparent love of the same authorto do? I guess you could say that I am seeking the consent of my fellow Bradbury fans as well. I assure you the project will be executed with the utmost respect and admiration for who, to me, is the greatest author the sci fi world has ever had.
Thanks,
Jukes

Posts: 4 | Location: Jamestown New York USA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before you even start this project, I suggest you contact Ray's literary agent:

Don Congdon Associates, Inc.
156 Fifth Avenue, Suite 625, New York, NY 10010-7002
Telephone: (212) 645-1229, Fax: (212) 727-2688, E-mail:
doncongdon@aol.com

Posts: 2456 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard
Thanks for the tip. I will call them now. As for starting the project, it's a little late for that; I'm already locked: cast, set, cameras. etc. I just want to go about this the right way, and you have provided the proper first step. If you like, I can e-mail you a copy of the screenplay, just for feedback? I'm sure you already know the original story. Just picture it in a more conpemporary setting, with Sgt. Hollis a disgruntled soldier in Iraq. At least you'll know I'm not some hack.
thanks again,
Mark

Posts: 4 | Location: Jamestown New York USA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Just sent out e-mail to Mr. Congdon, but resieved multiple address errors. I think I will call him if I can figure out a proper introduction. Is there anyway that Nord Kordell can respond to this?
Mark