Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Left Bradbury on a park bench
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left Bradbury on a park bench
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Dandelion:
Yes, trains still run there...

Waukegan in general is going thru hard times financially. Lots of business places are up for sale, and the same goes for homes. (But if you go south a few miles, you go thru the richest neighborhoods in Chicago area... Glencoe, Winnetka, etc etc... and there are loads of homes for sale there, too)....)

Another thing...is the beaches in Waukegan area have been polluted by John Mansville asbestos. The clean up and complaints still continue....

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gave hard copies of Dandelion Wine to my sister in law, and Something Wicked This Way Comes to my brother. Both were English majors, and looking forward to the reading.

Someone on the boards posted that the Illustrated Life is on sale from Amazon for $9.99. As of this morning, it was true! This is an excellent hard copy book. I ordered four copies -- one for each of my kids. When I get them, I'm going to hand write a little forward to them about how much a part of my life Bradbury's imagination is.

So there's a bit more Bradbury being spread around.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post