Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Farewell Summer Received!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Farewell Summer Received!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks Biplane! Your love is not in vain on this board either! I appreciate you asking Ray about that particular word, I'm very curious to know what he says. Thanks again, keep on truckin!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out my previous post as I simply added to it after calling Ray. There is your answer.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much biplane/Michael! I guess it's not the answer I was searching for but hey it is an answer. I think, probably I am the one intellectualizing it too much, still an intriguing word and it does seem to crop up a lot in his writings. I like it I think because it seems to have connotations of mystery and a little of the macabre as in "The witch murmured her spell"...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post