Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Meaning of quote from Dandelion Wine

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meaning of quote from Dandelion Wine
 Login/Join

posted
What is meant by the quote from chapter 28---
"Keep the lid down,in the name of the good Lord,during the service."? This is for a project for school. Can anyone explain? it is when Bill Forrester and Helen Loomis are having tea and she ask him what he meant by I was in love with you once.
thank You.

Posts: 2 | Location: chesnee,sc,usa | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Closed casket during the funeral because she's so darned old nobody wants to look at her ancient dried-up body. A sentiment with which I heartily concur!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Closed casket during the funeral because she's so darned old nobody wants to look at her ancient dried-up body. A sentiment with which I heartily concur!

Posts: 2 | Location: chesnee,sc,usa | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can someone explain to me why people repost something in bold letters. Is this, like, what?

Posts: 116 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I was lucky enough to explain that quote out of context. Some things are inexplicable!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
library: I have no idea. In another thread, someone reposted my post in bold and then made a comment that seemed totally unrelated. Go figure!

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I want to know is How do they do it?

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You hit the "Quote" button, which is the one with the little question mark, when you want to quote part of what someone has said and then comment on it. Hit the "Reply" button to reply without quoting. But some of these people just hit "Quote" instead of "Reply" and then sometimes don't even reply!

posted Hide Post
?
dandelion: I tried what you said, but I guess I can't follow instructions because all I got was a ?

[This message has been edited by libRArY (edited 02-27-2005).]

Posts: 116 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dswo99:

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just had to see what would happen if I did the "reply w/quote" on a "reply w/quote".

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post