Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Update on Bradbury volumes from Prof. Touponce
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update on Bradbury volumes from Prof. Touponce
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:

Exciting times!

Agreed, thanks for the update!

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Is there any word on the release of the next publication of The New Ray Bradbury Review?

Thank You.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Linnl, I am on the editorial board of the New Ray Bradbury Review. I believe the second volume has gone to the publishers, and is due out in early 2010.

Amazon indicates a provisional release date of February (ordering info here), but no doubt this is subject to slippage and other publishing vagaries.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The second volume is now available to order at amazon!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and the February release date on Amazon has changed to show "January". Slippage, but in a positive sense!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slippage is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...also a good short story collection.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
To All:

The latest word we have here at the Center from the KSU press is that The New Ray Bradbury Review 2 will be published in July; the first volume of The Collected Stories of Ray Bradbury will be published in October.

My best,
Prof. Touponce

Posts: 44 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my!! I have many of these stories... but have given up hope of finding some of these. This book will be so amazing!

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are there plans to publish this? I can find very little information about this online.

quote:
The Collected Stories of
Ray Bradbury

A Critical Edition

Volume I
1938-1943

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djmonolith:
Are there plans to publish this? ...

djmonolith, that is exactly what this thread is about! Just a couple of posts ago, Prof Touponce said it was expected in October 2010. It hasn't yet appeared on the publisher's website, but I'm sure it will in due course.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
...Is there any word on Prof. Jon R. Eller's BECOMING RAY BRADBURY?

Funny you should ask, Linnl (back there in August 2009!), as Jon has just given me an update:

"Becoming Ray Bradbury is now in lay-out for a mid-year release in 2011 from the University of Illinois Press. It will come in at around 400-500 pages, covering Ray's self education and influences up to the fall of 1953. The sequel, The World of Ray Bradbury, will continue the story through the 1980s."

Jon points out that it shouldn't really be thought of as a biography, as it has a more selective focus, namely the development of Bradbury's thinking and writing. I have been given a privileged sneak preview of some of the contents, and find it a fascinating and riveting study.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
philnic,
Many thanks, and I'm sure I'm not alone in gratitude that you're in-the-know, and share these updates.

There is so much Bradburyian to look forward to: the new collection Juggernaut, the graphic novel adaptations of The Martian Chronicles and Someting Wicked This Way Comes, continued releases of Tantor Audio spoken word series, The Colonial Theatre of the Air complete radio drama adaptation of The Martian Chronicles,two Gauntlet editions, AND Ray Bradbury The Collected Stories volumes. Also, to my knowledge, there are to be three volumes to the Eller scholarship.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
...the new collection Juggernaut...

I hear tell that there may be a name change, so keep your eye out for something other than Juggernaut, although I don't know what it will be called yet.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...I hear tell that there may be a name change, so keep your eye out for something other than Juggernaut...

Interesting. I don't know about your side of the pond, but over here "juggernaut" is most commonly used as a term for a large, articulated truck (like this).

So in the UK, bookshop browsers might expect Juggernaut to be a variant of Richard Matheson's "Duel".

- Phil