Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury 13
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury 13
 Login/Join

posted
Hey I am a huge fan of the Bradbury 13 series yet I can't seem to find any resources with the tracks avaliable. I have checked every resource and when I couldn't find it legit I looked in all the pirate spots but they are nowhere to be found. Can someone help me find them? I would love nothing more then to have thoes episodes on audio, able to listen to whenever. Smiler... Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Slip,

Posts: 3 | Location: Mars | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it was an NPR program made by Brigham Young University so maybe they would know.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slip,

have you seen my website? I don't have complete episodes on there, but there's some information on the series and episodes that have been made available on cassette (but without the Bradbury 13 title on them). These sometimes turn up on eBay.

Some episodes turned up as mono MP3 files on Gwangi's old-time radio blog, but these were removed from his server some time ago.

If you'd care to email me (rbmessageboard@bradburymedia.co.uk) I can give you some more information on how to get some episodes.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Phil, I see that you are on the board.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Evan's Sci-Fi Page has available all kinds of old radio shows for download or to order, including the X Minus One series and Bradbury 13 (the first on the list), both of which I ordered from this site and have been enjoying regularly. The sound quality of the discs, which are MP3 format, is good as well, especially the Bradbury 13 tracks, which were recorded in the 80s.

Posts: 168 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well if anyone has thoes episodes in mp3 that I could possibly obtain from them it would be much appreciated.

Posts: 3 | Location: Mars | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My email is cassanovia@gmail.com

posted Hide Post
Bradbury 13 has just popped up as a topic of conversation on Zootradio.com. There is a thread containing a working download link here:
http://www.zootradio.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2259

(The link is in the second post in the thread.)

I don't know how long the link will be live, so you would be wise to get them while you can!

(I've checked out the files for quality: they seem to be pretty good, with a fairly high bit rate, but they are in mono. Given that the stereo sound design is the unique feature of the series, you will lose some of the impact, but at least you can enjoy the stories and the dramatisations.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: philnic,

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil,
Thanks so much for that!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've recently been in contact with Mike McDonough, the producer of Bradbury 13. He has confirmed that he personally still owns both the master tapes from the series AND the copyright. Although he is flattered that the series still has great appeal (twenty years after it was made), he isn't happy with the quality of the illegal distributions of his work. He has recently transferred the master tapes onto a digital format, with a view to one day securing a commercial release on CD.

I would be more than happy to spend money on a good quality CD set of the series (even though I've already got them all on tape). How many others feel the same way?

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Phil, I would second that! If it were to happen I would save my pennies (although I am already saving them for Donn Albright's new book) to purchase a set.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like it's just you and me, biplane1!

Anyway, I've added some of Mike McDonough's comments to my website: click link below.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Count me in.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have added yet more material to my Bradbury 13 page: Mike McDonough has very kindly sent me some of his personal photos from the production of the show. Pics include him with Ray, working with the cast, and receiving his Peabody award. Go to the usual address: www.bradburymedia.co.uk

- Phil