Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Dear Moderator

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dear Moderator
 Login/Join

posted
dandelion,

Don't know if it's just me, but the Resources topic has been very flaky over the last couple of days. Even the information in the various columns is screwy. I hope there isn't a crash coming!

- Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not just you, phil; I've had issues with the Resources forum, as well.

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, one forum member said he couldn't open it at all. It takes me a long time to open. I would assume that when the posts get to be too many for the system to handle, a certain number of them go to archives, where they are accessible either only through searches, or through setting viewing options further back (though I'm not sure if it goes past a year,) but perhaps it's unwise to assume.

Hey, are any of you computer geeks downloading the entire contents of these forums onto CDs or Hard Drives? If you know how to, please do as backup--these forums should be preserved! I DO want to do this but haven't learned how yet!

Also, Phil, you might go through your posts and rework some of your best observations into articles for your site. You still own your words and that way you'd have them.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We need to keep in mind who our greatest resource is and that is Ray Bradbury. As Nard brought out, Ray spent his 84th anniversary of being on this planet earth in the hospital. I tried calling him yesterday and the answering machine came on.

He may still be in the hospital. Instead of using this medium as a repository of individualistic thoughts and opinions on topics of diverse, and sometimes controversial, subjects we should endeavor to keep to matters pertaining to Ray and his works.

And, although I have commented on how nice it is that this has been a forum for discussion, perhaps it has, on occasion, gotten out of hand.

As soon as any of us find out how Ray is, please post it. Say, I just tried calling him and the line was busy. I'll try again and let you all know if he is home or if it is one of his daughters at his home.

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have also had problems accessing some pages of the forums.

dandelion,

I will see what kinds of options are available for archiving an entire site/forum, as I am a computer geek. It would be a shame to lose all the thought and energy that has been put into this site.

Posts: 32 | Location: Provo, Utah, USA | Registered: 09 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a pity, but i have no opportunity to download all the forum. Maybe, it would be better to ask webmaster of raybradbury.com to backup the database right on the server?

If there are any problems i can always create the new forum in another place. But i hope there will be no necessity!

I am so worry about Ray Bradbury!

Posts: 105 | Location: orenburg, russian federation | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope Ray's health isn't too compromised and that he's back home, doing what he loves, soon.

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post