Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Scholarly Essays for Fahrenheit 451

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scholarly Essays for Fahrenheit 451
 Login/Join

posted
Any scholarly essays or reviews on Fahrenheit 451 would be greately appreciated.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 14 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cryptik21, you don't say what level of scholarship you are looking for. However, this is a frequently asked question, and there are some good leads for you on the FAQ page on my website. Once there, scroll down till you find the question 'Are there any books of literary criticism of Bradbury?'

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for university level criticisms. Thanks for the guidance philnic!

Posts: 4 | Registered: 14 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cryptik21:
I'm looking for university level criticisms.

In that case, the link I gave you should serve you well.

One other major work at that level (which isn't listed in my FAQ, because I haven't updated in a while) is Jon Eller & William Touponce's Ray Bradbury: The Life of Fiction (Kent State University Press, 2004).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THIS is amazing!

Ray Bradbury READS the entire Fahrenheit 451 book. And you get to turn the pages for him to read...

Once you click on the link below, then click on: 'Read The Book'
Afterwards, click on the 'type' and Ray Bradbury reads what you've clicked on~

click on: http://cetl.edtech.csulb.edu/f451/#

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's very neat. I admit to sometimes listening to CDs of Ray reading while I read his books.

The audio recording for F451 sounds like it's taken from the CD set, available here

- Phil