Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    NEW Bradbury Photos #2

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW Bradbury Photos #2
 Login/Join

posted
=============================================
Here's a second album of Ray Bradbury photos.

go to:
http://www.catchaway.com
Click on BRADBURY in green section.
See: Personal Photos #2
==============================================

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for sharing, Nard. I particularly liked the one of a very young Ray in front of his grandparents house winking in an age old way boys will do whether the sun is in their eyes or not.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Priceless photos. I liked the one of Ray and Rod Steiger, who unfortunately is not with us now. Rod narrates the video Ray Bradbury-An American Icon and does an excllent job.

Nard, I think all of us are filled with envy that you are in such a position to not only borrow these photos, but then to graciously share them with us.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,

more fantastic photos, and thoughtful captions. Well done! These are the first photos I've seen that capture the young Bradbury AND his surroundings. The one where he is standing outside his grandparents' house shows the house to be pretty much exactly as I imagine all the houses to be in Green Town. But the one of the parade in Waukegan, shows it to be a much bigger city than I would have expected; this is not the disneyfied Green Town we saw in Something Wicked This Way Comes.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post