Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Long after midnight

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long after midnight
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone read this collection of short stories?

Posts: 30 | Location: Portugal | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed it much! Smiler
In the blue bottle I found, there was a chocolate bar. I consumed it. Then another appeared. I consumed it. Another bar appeared and I consumed it. And another....

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes! "Forever and the Earth" so impressed me I visited Thomas Wolfe's home and grave years later.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, the highlights were the two dark tales, "The October Game" and "The Burning Man", and the superb mainstream pieces, "The Better Part of Wisdom" and "Interval in Sunlight".

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about "A Piece of wood", this was the one which made me buy the book and read it all in one stand.

Posts: 30 | Location: Portugal | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention "The Pumpernickel", a story that meant so much to me that I typed out the whole text to send to a friend.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted blue bottle:
What about "A Piece of wood", this was the one which made me buy the book and read it all in one stand.

Indeed, wish we could start the rust tonight. Peace.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Have I Got a Chocolate Bar for You!"

"G.B.S. - Mark V"

Now see what those stories have done.
They've gone and made me cry.

Several times over the years.

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think the rust would help, man has always needed war... it's in human nature

posted Hide Post
Perhaps the next best thing to "the rust":

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb...mbatpaper_04-30.html