Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Waukegan Waukegan
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Waukegan Waukegan
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. All I was told was Waukegan was full of wild sailors looking for a good time. They still there?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw a 1963 Jack Benny program on Public TV on which Peter, Paul and Mary sang a song about Jack beginning "Waukegan, Waukegan." Can't find it online but if anyone does please post a link! SO cute!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion, many years ago I beat Peter Yarrow out of a parking space in Willmar, Minnesota where I lived for 28 years. He and his wife, Mary Beth, had a cottage on Eagle Lake, north of Willmar, where they would come and stay in the summer time.

Mary Beth McCarthy's uncle was Eugene McCarthy, who ran for President. Peter Yarrow was helping in his campaign and met Mary Beth and the subsequently married. May Beth's father was a surgeon in Willmar. Peter and Mary Beth married in the Catholic church. Peter is Jewish, but married there in the Catholic Church.

You, undoubtedly, have heard of the The Wedding Song, (There Is Love) which was written by Noel Paul Stookey. Paul sang it at their wedding.

You'd see Peter Yarrow around town and thus I was able to beat him outof a parking spot, it was actualy inadvertent, as I saw the parking spot and was halfway in when he was right there and looking wistfully at it.

He also perfomred several free concerts and sang all of Peter, Paul and Mary's best songs.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Just saw a 1963 Jack Benny program on Public TV on which Peter, Paul and Mary sang a song about Jack beginning "Waukegan, Waukegan." Can't find it online but if anyone does please post a link! SO cute!

Can't find that one, but here's Jack Benny and Groucho Marx.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wNK1Jt4JLg

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post