Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Interview by Mr. Bradbury at San Diego Comic-Con

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interview by Mr. Bradbury at San Diego Comic-Con
 Login/Join

posted
I saw Mr. Bradbury live for the first time at the San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday July 24, 2004 and was very impressed. He received two standing ovations.

Near the beginning of the interview, Mr. Bradbury started to say something about Michael Moore and the interviewer (Mark Evanier) said, we'll talk about that later (I don't think Mark meant anything by the remark, I think he just had a list of questions for Mr. Bradbury that he wanted to go through). The entire audience let out a loud booo. Mark then said, let's talk about Michael Moore now. After that, Mark didn't try telling Mr. Bradbury what he could talk about and when he could talk about it. Don't get me wrong, Mark did a very good job interviewing Mr. Bradbury and I felt he showed the respect that Mr. Bradbury deserves (other than that minor slip).

Unfortunately Mr. Bradbury wasn't signing, so I didn't get the chance to speak to him and let him know how much I enjoyed his interview.

I've never brought a video recorder or audio recorder to the various panels at the Comic Con, but certainly wished I had for that interview.

I'm hoping that someone who recorded this interview would be willing to share.

I'm also interested in suggestions on how to get copies of other interviews that Mr. Bradbury has given and which ones are particulary good.

Any help would be appreciated.

---------------------------------
Just so that this doesn't get off track with a Michael Moore vs. Ray Bradbury debate, all that Mr. Bradbury had to say at this interview was that he had called Michael Moore six months ago and was waiting for a call back. That was it.

[This message has been edited by beowulf (edited 07-29-2004).]

Posts: 2 | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just came out to meet this exact need:

CONVERSATIONS WITH RAY BRADBURY. Ed. Steven L. Aggelis. University Press of Mississippi. MI. 2004.

Chronology. Good introduction, and lots of interviews.

Nice book. I'm reading it now.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post