Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    OK... I can't take it anymore!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK... I can't take it anymore!
 Login/Join

posted
For those of you who own a copy of the Subterranean Martian Chronicles and who have read some (or all) of the previously unreleased stories...

HOW ARE THEY????

Were they written during around 1950? Have they been inserted into the martian timeline or are they additions at the end of the book? Do they enhance the overall story arch of the book?

Any reviews?? I am dying over here!! ha ha...

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
djmonolith, I am just dying to find the time to read it! It's a heavy volume, so doesn't lend itself to reading on buses and trains (which is where I do 80% of my reading).

The best place for reviews of the stories at the moment is the MAROONED blog: the blog owner is GIVING AWAY his copy of the book in a competition (click here for details), and has been publishing reviews of the stories in this thread.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should have many of them. If not, contact me.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
You should have many of them. If not, contact me.

I was referring to these:

"The Disease" (previously unpublished)
"Dead of Summer" (previously unpublished)
"The Martian Ghosts" (previously unpublished)
"Jemima True" (previously unpublished)
"They All Had Grandfathers" (previously unpublished)
"The Wheel" (previously unpublished)
"The Marriage" (previously unpublished)

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, you've got me.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone dared crack open the spine on this volume yet? Anyone care to share their thoughts?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djmonolith:
Has anyone dared crack open the spine on this volume yet? Anyone care to share their thoughts?

Spine cracked. It's divine! Promptly returned to plastic, however, will read it - that's what books are for, after all!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post