Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bullet Trick by Ray Bradbury: Halloween 2009 (Gauntlet)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bullet Trick by Ray Bradbury: Halloween 2009 (Gauntlet)
 Login/Join

posted
Apologies if this has been mentioned already...

Gauntlet listed a new Bradbury title for 2009. It said orders can be placed after Jan. 1.

The listing only said the following:

Bullet Trick by Ray Bradbury: Halloween 2009

Anybody have the details?

Brad

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Posted by Richard on November 19th:
I received an e-mail from Gauntlet Press early this morning, announcing their forthcoming new Bradbury collection for 2009, BULLET TRICK. Here are the details:

"We are pleased to announce our 2009 Ray Bradbury title, BULLET TRICK, a collection of previously unpublished material. Donn Albright, the book’s editor offers this description:

Bullet Trick contains 5 never before published teleplays (original stories that were not based on previously written stories), written by Ray Bradbury, that appeared on TV from 1955 through 1963. With the exception of the 1959 Steve Canyon production the other 4 teleplays deal with fear and paranoia. A feeling of dark gloom and hopelessness hovers over “The Jail” and “Dial Double Zero.” “Bullet Trick” deals with the age old problem of an unhappy marriage and infidelity. “Tunnel to Yesterday” deals with the paranoia and fear of a war long gone.

Bradbury wrote three scripts for the original Twilight Zone, adapted from previously published Bradbury yarns. Only “I Sing the Body Electric” (appearing only in the lettered edition) was actually produced for the original Twilight Zone series. “Here There Be Tygers” and “A Miracle of Rare Devices” were never produced. All three appear in this collection.

Finally, the book contains two prose adaptations Bradbury wrote after he wrote the screenplays. Both “Bullet Trick” and “Hand In Glove” (“The Jail”) are far different than the teleplays.

The book is scheduled for a Halloween 2009 release. Ray Bradbury is beginning to sign tipsheets. We’ll have pricing information up before the end of the year and pre-ordering will begin in January. The lettered edition of our two most recent Bradbury books (Somewhere A Band Is Playing and Masks) sold out prior to publication."

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love that Ray has been putting out so much material! Keep it coming!!!

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the jacket art for Ray Bradbury's Bullet Trick, being published by Gauntlet Press.

http://www.gauntletpress.com/c...k&ORDER_ID=!ORDERID!

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm getting one ordered from Barry now. Very much looking to it!

PS: Hi JKT!

- James
www.darkdiscoveries.com

Posts: 16 | Registered: 02 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darkdiscoveries:
I'm getting one ordered from Barry now. Very much looking to it!

PS: Hi JKT!

- James
www.darkdiscoveries.com

James,

Looking forward to the next issue.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
This just in from Gauntlet:

We have begun laying out Ray Bradbury’s Bullet Trick. The book contains all previously unpublished material and we have been told that none of this material will see further publication. Only the lettered edition will include Bradbury’s teleplay for “I Sing The Body Electric” which was Bradbury’s only appearance on the original The Twilight Zone. In an interview Bradbury frankly discusses his relationship with Rod Serling (this appears in all editions of the book). Lettered copies of the book are selling briskly (they are priced far below the lettered editions of Bradbury books from other publishers). All tipsheets have been signed. Bullet Trick will be a late-October release.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to this title as well. We sure have a large slate of Bradbury books coming our way through the rest of the year....

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This update from Gauntlet:

We are close to finishing the layout for Ray Bradbury’s Bullet Trick. We are just awaiting editor Donn Albright to proof the final laid out version. The numbered edition comes in at 416 pages, with the lettered edition at 456 pages (it includes the bonus material of Bradbury’s Twilight Zone script for “I Sing the Body Electric.”). Bullet Trick is a signed limited edition of never-before published material. It contains five teleplays (original stories that were not based on previously written stories), written by Ray Bradbury, that appeared on TV from 1955 through 1963.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cover art for Bullet Trick.

John King Tarpinian

ImageBulletTrickWrap.jpg (193 Kb, 15 downloads)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
The cover art for Bullet Trick.

Where's Joe Mugnaini when you need him?

[Yes, I know he's deceased. It's a joke. Big Grin]

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am currently reading the proof of Bullet Trick and will post a review in a week or so. This is a very interesting read. Seeing the teleplays as submitted AND the contracts associated with them along with Ray's comments about each teleplay.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I am currently reading the proof of Bullet Trick ...

Hey! Donn has yet to send me my copy - what's up with that?

"Live Forever!"