Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    A Sound of Thunder : movie plot

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Sound of Thunder : movie plot
 Login/Join

posted
A Sound of Thunder: Sci-Fi Wire got chatting with Director Peter Hyams recently who finally talked in-depth about his already completed filming sci-fi time-travel movie based on the famous Ray Bradbury short story. The original story's simple premise had a safari hunter going back in time to hunt dinosaurs and inadvertently changing the future (the story has been referenced and spoofed many times, most notably of late was one of the Simpsons Halloween episodes with Homer and a faulty toaster). Hyams has changed the character into a genetic researcher who goes back to take DNA readings in an effort to restore species now extinct from our present - "when they come back from one of these [time trips], things begin to change, and they don't know why things begin to change - and the changes escalate...the city is actually turned into a primordial jungle. What you're basically seeing is evolution gone berserk, so the few people that are left are in fact the prey. And what is hunting them are things that no one's ever seen before". The film, which stars Ben Kingsley & Ed Burns, is aiming for release early 2004.

--------------------------------------------

Sounds like this one is holding onto the title, but nothing more.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 18 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I was so intent on posting this I didn't realize it already was here...sorry!

Posts: 5 | Registered: 18 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will definitely watch it, but I may have to pretend I never read a story by Bradbury called "A Sound of Thunder" and view the movie as a completely new work.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post