Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Nevada

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nevada
 Login/Join

posted
We're going to Neveda this Oct 8, any good haunted sites where I can get evp's & pics?

Posts: 2 | Location: New York USA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know what evp's are. Extra-vehicular parking?
Anyway, lots of ghost towns around Virginia City. Check out previous posts. Also, check the new board raybradbury.com

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look up Bodie, a real ghost town near the California / Nevada border

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EVp is a Electronic Voice phenomenon, where you record the voices of spirits/ghosts. I have gotten quite a few of them.

We have been through Bodie and I believe also Virginia City.

Thank You for your suggestions.

Posts: 2 | Location: New York USA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ghostly:

yOw! Playing with the AtOmic BOmb. No wonder it's condemned in scripture. Never says such things don't exist. But it does says we're dangerously unprotected in that kind of territory and hence the command: 'Stay Away!'

___

However, I tend to entertain the notion that everything is somehow recorded, voices, actions, etc.
...and certainly in ways I have no idea. And I don't know if the term 'recorded' as we understand it can even apply here. But it's all there, every minute detail, and surely able to be retrieved. But that's totally different than plugging into the 'living' voices of the genuine departed.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 10-03-2005).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is an interesting site which includes links to other sites.
http://www.ghosttowngallery.com/

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,
Believe it or not, this is another one where we are (as far as I can tell) on the same page. It happened - it's still there - but in ways we can't make work with the piece of pink tissue in the old noggin.
Bet you thought you'd never hear from me again. Good to visit you and everyone here. How about a nice debate for nostalgia's sake?
Peace & Love,
Greentown

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Greentown
Illinois:

Being away so long you deserve 2 (that's TWO) postings. Nice to have you around.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 10-05-2005).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Greentown
Illinois: Hey hey hey!!!

You know, I think when I have some time and am focused, I need to write down as many of the 'posters' I can...and write down who has disappeared and who has wandered away merely...and who were some of the good 'guys' that we don't hear much from or not at all.

How did you find this abandoned building anyway? Well, good to hear from you.

posted Hide Post
Nard,
Someone emailed me a link months ago. I do not have the internet at home right now so I only get to drop in when I am at my family's house or on campus in Edwardsville and I did not have classes this summer(this past Spring semester I did a scene study and presentation from Fahrenheit 451 in a theater class). That, along with being in an intensive elementary education program and raising my 19 month old daughter, I haven't been around much. I started missing everyone here and got motivated to start checking back in whenever possible. I'll try to be around at least once a week. Need to check in with groovy people and kindred spirits. Autumn seemed the appropriate time to get back with the Bradbury Appreciators. Know what I mean? thanks for the kind words and it's nice to hear from you as well - and it's nice to be back.
Greentown

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From
Greentown
Illinois

By the way... do you know anything, heard anything, about who is doing a short film in the Chicago area on one of Ray's stories? The film is based on a short story, "The Small Assassin."

Somebody from the filming got in touch with me after I got in touch with them thru a small internet ad. It didn't explain who they may be, or may be connected with. So I know nothing about who they are.

posted Hide Post
Nard,
First I've heard of it, but interesting that you should bring it up because I just discussed "The Small Assassin" this week with friends who haven't read Bradbury at all. Keep me posted.
Greentown

Andy

posted Hide Post
This is my favorite link to the supernatural: http://www.paranormalsoup.com/forums/index.php?&&CODE=autologin&fromreg=1

I have visited tons of cemeteries but never seen/heard a darn thing except what I was expected or supposed to.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post