Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    how did the public recive Rays first novel

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how did the public recive Rays first novel
 Login/Join

posted
...hey...
How did the public recive RB's The Martian Chronicles. In 1950?
does anybody know?

-Sandy

sandy...

Posts: 12 | Location: fairfax,va,USA | Registered: 01 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He has never had a "bestseller" that I know of as far as selling enough copies at once to make a bestseller list, but "The Martian Chronicles" was well-received enough to make him famous. It has never been out of print in 54 years!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once read that it was the top selling science-fiction book of all time, but I can not remember where I read that. (Sorry) Of course Ray does not even consider it a science fiction novel, but that's another story!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would anyone (dare to) venture a guess as to how many books (of all titles) he has sold in his illustrious career? "Somehow" they are able to come up with numbers for musicians and records!

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post