Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New Harlan Ellison story dedicated to Ray

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Harlan Ellison story dedicated to Ray
 Login/Join

posted
Harlan has dedicated a second short story to Ray: "He Who Grew Up Reading Sherlock Holmes". It seems to allude to "A Sound of Thunder", although it is not a time-travel story:

http://subterraneanpress.com/m...es_by_harlan_ellison

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that, Phil.

I seem to remember Harlan Ellison© saying that his story in Shadow Show might be his last. Pleased to see it's not the case.

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that was around the time he was ill, and the web was a-buzz with him saying that he was dying.

But then again, I don't know when "He Who Grew Up Reading Sherlock Holmes" was written. We assume it's a new composition, but it might have been pulled from his files.

"He Who Grew Up..." is another one of those Ellison stories where the punchline made me want to go right back to the beginning and read it all again. The same thing happened with "How Interesting, A Tiny Man".

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post