Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Martian Chronicles, the Movie (?)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Martian Chronicles, the Movie (?)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Even Ray has softened somewhat on "I Sing the Body Electric" over the years, though he hasn't softened a bit on Serling. It's definitely not one of the best episodes of TWILIGHT ZONE (nor is it anywhere near the worst), but it still works on a certain fundamental level.

Like the outstanding "Any Friend of Nicholas Nickleby's is a Friend of Mine" with the incomparable Fred Gwynne, "The Electric Grandmother" is superb. It really deserves a legitimate release on DVD or BluRay.

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

"God, here and there, makes madness a calling." -- Ray Bradbury

Terry Pace

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by William Lantry:
Like the outstanding "Any Friend of Nicholas Nickleby's is a Friend of Mine" with the incomparable Fred Gwynne, "The Electric Grandmother" is superb. It really deserves a legitimate release on DVD or BluRay.

These two, along with The Burning Man from The Twilight Zone, represent the three best adaptations of any of Ray's stories for the small screen. IMO.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holy moley, John! Those are terrific, but have you never seen "The Jar" or "The Life Work of Juan Diaz?" from THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR? They put most feature films to shame!

Don't make me send Norman Lloyd (who produced and directed both) over there with the cleaver he stole from the set of "Man from the South" ... your head might just wind up in the jar! :-)

Seriously, if you've never seen them -- as Ray would say, "Make haste to live!"

Terry Pace

P.S. A few of THE RAY BRADBURY THEATRE's, particularly "Banshee" and "Usher II," are pretty swell as well!

"God, here and there, makes madness a calling." -- Ray Bradbury

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by William Lantry:
Holy moley, John! Those are terrific, but have you never seen "The Jar" or "The Life Work of Juan Diaz?" from THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR? They put most feature films to shame!

Don't make me send Norman Lloyd (who produced and directed both) over there with the cleaver he stole from the set of "Man from the South" ... your head might just wind up in the jar! :-)

Seriously, if you've never seen them -- as Ray would say, "Make haste to live!"

P.S. A few of THE RAY BRADBURY THEATRE's, particularly "Banshee" and "Usher II," are pretty swell as well!

But of course. Simply losing brain cells. Let me rephrase: These two, along with The Burning Man from The Twilight Zone, The Jar and The Life Work of Juan Diaz from The Alfred Hitchcock Hour represent the five best adaptations of any of Ray's stories for the small screen. IMO.

The Coffin and Usher II are my favourites from The Ray Bradbury Theatre. Few of those worked, I think. Not because of the screenplays, but because of the production values.

However, do make haste to send Mr Lloyd with said cleaver. Have him bring Josie, but tell her not to hang her head out the window like a dog.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post