Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Regarding the Limited Edition of THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Regarding the Limited Edition of THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES
 Login/Join

posted
We’re in the final stages of negotiating the rights to co-publish (along with PS Publishing) the limited edition of Ray Bradbury’s THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES. This has been complicated, given that a previous prospective publisher accepted preorders for this title. We cannot make any promises yet — as certain details are fluid — but Peter Crowther and I are making every effort to see that those who paid the other publisher for the book are not shut out. If you prepaid for a copy of THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES, please drop me an email at subpress@gmail.com. You should include your name, address, the version you purchased, and at what price.

Again, we can’t make any promises at this point, but we’re going to try to reach a solution that will satisfy as many of Mr. Bradbury’s readers as possible.

All best,

Bill

Subterranean Press
www.subterraneanpress.com

Posts: 12 | Registered: 04 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill, I hope things work out for the best. I think many of us have been waiting for this book for a long time, and are glad to see someone issuing it.

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The latest news, from the Subterranean Press website, on the (former) Hill House edition of THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES, which it appears now will be co-published by Subterranean Press and PS Publishing:

More on Ray Bradbury’s THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES
February 13, 2009

As we announced recently, we have acquired the rights to co-publish the limited edition of Ray Bradbury’s The Martian Chronicles, and we said we would do what we could to help those who pre-paid the previous publisher who offered this special edition but never delivered it. We regret to inform you that we will not be taking over the other publisher’s pre-orders.

While we are not required to fulfill the pre-orders taken by this other publisher, when we announce our edition of The Martian Chronicles for pre-sale, we intend to offer a substantial discount on the numbered version for a short period of time. (Please sign up for our newsletter to make certain you don’t miss the announcement.) We’re sorry to report that given our costs involved, we will not be able to offer a discount on the lettered edition.

We certainly wish we could do more; this is what we can do.

More information, including an order page, will be posted to the Subterranean Press and PS Publishing sites within the next few weeks. We intend to have TMC out this year, and are already at work to see that there are no delays.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at subpress@gmail.com.

Sincerely,

Bill Schafer and Pete Crowther

Posts: 2450 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some GREAT news!
Subterranean Press is taking preorders for THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and if you order before February 20, you get a 75$ discount.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate to spend more $$ on it after the whole Hill House thing, but a) Subterranean never fails to put out a quality product and b) it's a SIGNED LIMITED OF MARTIAN CHRONICLES!!!!

Sign me up!!!

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the Subterranean website, it looks like TMC is going fast, so if you want one.....

Ray Bradbury — THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES Sales Update
February 16, 2009

In fewer than 24 hours since its announcement, we’ve sold out more than half of the print run for the definitive edition of Ray Bradbury’s The Martian Chronicles. It now looks likely that we won’t be offering the book to wholesalers or distributors, and may have to allocate dealer orders.

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good thing I pre-ordered yesterday.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered as well...

now its the waiting till its published which is the hardest part...

Posts: 33 | Location: NZ | Registered: 05 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was extremely hesitant to order this book, as I'm trying to save money this year, not spend it! But in the end I figured what the heck, perhaps it's worth a little bit of a splurge. I would love to have this particular book, what with the inclusion of ALL the Mars stories (including a number never previously published).

And if nothing else, I can consider this an investment, much like the same publisher's Summer Morning, Summer Night. The asking price for that volume has risen dramatically; I'm glad I got a copy when I did...

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is fantastic news. I am waiting about as patiently as one can for this one to show up. EXCELLENT!

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very happy this one is finally coming out since it's the last title missing from my "must have a signed limited edition of" for Ray.

The list is

F451
MC
Dandelion
Something Wicked

While I love of of Ray's work, to me, those are the 4 most important titles.