Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    How to get in touch with Ray?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to get in touch with Ray?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Does Ray stay in touch with Forry Ackerman?

Posts: 69 | Location: Matthews, NC, USA | Registered: 20 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone checked to see if this Smith character actually is doing something for Arkham house. His 'postings' lead me to think otherwise...

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,

I doubt he is. You're right, his postings are proof enough he doesn't have a contract to do what he claims he's doing.

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He may be telling the truth, but I'm hard-pressed to believe that there's no one at Arkham Press that knows how to pursue reprint rights on a major author. They do publish books, right? This is a first-time need for them?

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's up to each editor to assemble the book. Editor is given a budget and must work within that budget to purchase stories. In this case, a few reprints with the lion's share being new stories commissioned for the volume.

Posts: 69 | Location: Matthews, NC, USA | Registered: 20 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never done this. Even if you have a budget, don't they have a person who can tell you how to follow this kind of need up? They must do this all the time.

It seems like his agent, cited above, is the best bet on this. Surprising that they aren't getting back to you.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One reprint I wanted was priced too high (not Bradbury's--haven't gotten word on that one, yet). Two reprints I've already landed.