Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury Old Time Radio Shows mp3 CD

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury Old Time Radio Shows mp3 CD
 Login/Join

posted
I found a place that has 35 old time radio shows of Bradbury stories in mp3 format, on an audio CD for only 7.99.

http://www.bookzap.com/product_p/bradbury_cd.htm

Interesting, didn't know they did these back in the day. pretty good price, too.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once I said it cant get better than this but it just did. Just exactly the kind of thing I’m always looking for.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got that CD, and it's got some good stuff on it, most in reasonable quality. You need to be aware that nearly all of the adaptations are written by someone other than Ray, so they sometimes take liberties with the original text.

The only thing that bothers me about it (and various similar offerings on the web and on ebay etc) is the claim that these shows are 'public domain'. Some of the SHOWS themselves may be, as the copyright will have expired and may not have been renewed, but all of the source STORIES are still in copyright - so Ray ought to be getting some sort of royalty. I bet he isn't, though.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like something I might want, but I must ask, due to my techno ignorance--What is MP3 format? (Yes, I've heard of it, but I don't know what it is.) Will I be able to play it on my regular CD player? Thanks for your help!!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I doubt that he is getting any royalties, or whether he even knows about it. That's why I was a little surprised to see that stuff on their site.

mp3 is an audio format that compresses regular audio files into a smaller file so that you can send them over the internet, etc. I think some modern cd and dvd players can play them? Otherwise you could play them on your computer, or an iPod. All computers these days come with a program that will play mp3s as far as I know, if not, you can get Quick Time for free and play them with that.

Thanks for providing that info, Philnic. The website didn't really give any description as to what they were.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've noticed a number of sites offer such shows, and am stuck on which are of the best quality for the lowest price, or is there a difference?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion,

you could spend a lifetime listening to the different recordings on offer out there. Ultimately, they all derive from the same source, but who knows how many generations of copy they've been through. The one originally mentioned at the top of this thread is fairly good quality. The best quality should, in theory, come from this commercially released CD set - because Ray's name and face appears on it; it's audio CDs rather than MP3s; and it claims to be remastered (although that's a rather meaningless term). Mind you, this set doesn't just contain Bradbury, it has other authors in there as well.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post