Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Dandelion Wine movie?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dandelion Wine movie?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Funding canceled?
Are they going to start another fundraiser soon?

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geez, that's all we need is more bad news.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While it's a bummer that the kickstarter didn't work out, I can't say that I'm surprised. Successful campaigns require that A LOT of things fall right in order for them to work out. I think the fact that they were trying to raise a lot of money (350k) and this was only to start pre-production really hurt them. They were asking fans to pony up some serious cash for a movie that there was no guarantee would ever be made.

That said, I wish them well. It looks like they really care for the property and of course Ray's blessing means a great deal. Hope they get something off the ground.

Posts: 37 | Registered: 31 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the project is indeed alive. The duo behind the film are talking to investors and planning to relaunch the crowdfunding campaign.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/...20160122-column.html

Posts: 37 | Registered: 31 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post