Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    I just inherated a Joe Mugnaini drawing

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just inherated a Joe Mugnaini drawing
 Login/Join

posted
I just inherated a Joe Mugnaini drawing and I'm looking to see if anyone knows an appraiser that knows his work, one art apraiser in NY already told me his work has little value, but he'd make me an offer though I see that his work is in a lot of famous museams.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 30 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be careful--If he's telling you it has little or no value and then saying he will make an offer, it seems odd. I would talk to several appraisers and not just this one.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, definitely get a few opinions. See if you can find out if any of his works have been auctioned at Sotheby's or Christie's, also Butterfield's. I think they list the pieces they have auctioned off and what the price was maybe on their website. This is something that all art dealers track, what prices arists are getting at auction. You should be able to get an idea of what it's worth from that as well.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sstteevvee-

I'm not sure about establishing the value, but I might be able to help identify the piece if there are any questions. I'm in contact with Joe Mugnaini's daughter.

Also, we're working on a database of the whereabouts of Joe's work so any info you would be willing to provide would be appreciated as well.

Posts: 61 | Location: United States | Registered: 31 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jetJagger:
...Also, we're working on a database of the whereabouts of Joe's work so any info you would be willing to provide would be appreciated as well.

jetJagger, I know the whereabouts of one item of Mugnaini artwork: my friend Brian Sibley owns it. He writer about it here:
http://briansibley-exlibris.blogspot.com/2006/07/golden-apples-of-sun.html

There's some more catalogued here: http://tobeycmossgallery.com/bradbury.html

Sorry if you already know about these.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry I took so long to reply, I tried to donate the piece I have of Joe Mugnaini back to Otis and they said they would like to have it for their collection, but they hemed and hawed and finaly I gave up, then I was busy for a long time. If there are any people or places that collect Joe's work please contact me at sstteevvee@aol.com

Posts: 3 | Registered: 30 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Otis is like that. Try dealing with their bursar! LoL! Yeah, I'm an alum...

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have "The Hypodermic Hound" signed by Joe Mugnaini. It also has OP between the name of the print and the signature. I'm interested in selling it and was going to get an appraisal at the "Antiques Roadshow" here in Las Vegas next month. Additionally, I have a Ray Bradbury autograph from 1982 or thereabouts.

If there is any interest in these, I'd love to know.

Posts: 1 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey jetJagger,
I am looking to get in touch with Joe Mugnaini's daughter about a piece of his. Could you please e-mail me at eraserhead23@gmail.com? I will tell you all about it.

thanks so much!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 21 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 61 | Location: United States | Registered: 31 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jetJagger:
Also, we're working on a database of the whereabouts of Joe's work so any info you would be willing to provide would be appreciated as well.

Hi: I just came across this thread (8 years later?). I inherited many Mungiani prints from my grandparents, who were friends with him. They lived in Van Nuys, CA. I'm going to ask my mom if she knows anything about the history of their friendship. I can take pics of the pieces I have and send them to you, jetlagger, and/or Mungiani's family for the catalog you mention. I'm in love with these pieces, and they remind me of my grandparents who left us not too long ago, and were lovers of art, so I have little interest in giving them up Smiler Feel free to email me at kcmiller73@gmail.com

Brooklyn, NY

Posts: 1 | Registered: 08 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post