Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Forthcoming Titles
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forthcoming Titles
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Available for pre-order, Becoming Ray Bradbury by Jonathan R. Eller:

http://search.barnesandnoble.c...=8&USRI=ray+bradbury

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the advertising sheet for Becoming Ray Bradbury.

Sorry it is so low-rez but the website limits the size of stuff being uploaded to a very old standard.

ImageEller.jpg (263 Kb, 17 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To any Forum poster:
Any Ray Bradbury related titles on the horizon?
Thank you.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Collected Stories volume 2 is nearing completion (I am a consultant on this volume).

Jon Eller has also turned in his manuscript for the sequel to BECOMING RAY BRADBURY; playing the waiting game now while the publishers do their thing.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A year or two before Ray's passing there was the prospect of a new collection to be called Juggernaut. There has been a very long silence, so I can only assume the book has been cancelled or indefinitely mothballed.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there any news as ar as the Collected Stories going beyond 3 volumes?

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
A year or two before Ray's passing there was the prospect of a new collection to be called Juggernaut. There has been a very long silence, so I can only assume the book has been cancelled or indefinitely mothballed.

It was to be a book of about twenty short stories, but I haven't heard anything new. Perhaps I missed it?!

At any rate, you can read the story here.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bsaenz24:
Is there any news as ar as the Collected Stories going beyond 3 volumes?

No! Obviously it would HAVE to go beyond 3 volumes to cover everything, but the publisher has (to my knowledge) only ever talked of it being 3 volumes.

I have absolutely no insider knowledge on this, but I would imagine that a successful series of three might be extended further; and that a poorly-performing series of three might be stopped after the three.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:

I have some vague recollection that the publisher wasn't happy with some of the stories, but I can't remember where I got this notion from. I'm sure that if there is still a publishable collection to be had, it will see print (or e-ink) sooner or later.

Just remember the reality of Ray's last couple of collections, though: they were mostly made up of old stories retrieved from Ray's archives - stories written many years ago, but remaining unsold, and having been retired from circulation. There was a bit of polishing, re-writing and updating, but for the most part we are talking about stories from way back. I doubt that there is an unpublished masterpiece in the files.

(I do, however, believe there are some unfilmed and unpublished screenplays/teleplays which represent Ray's best writing. Maybe some stage plays and poetry, too, although I've never gone looking for that material.)

- Phil