Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Forthcoming Titles
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forthcoming Titles
 Login/Join

posted
The Machineries of Joy from PS! At twenty pounds, this is a good deal. And Mugnaini art!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this is cool:

"Ray colonised Hallowe’en, just as the Silver Locusts colonised Mars. He built it, as he built so much, and made it his. So when the wind blows the fallen autumn leaves across the road in a riot of flame and gold, or when I see a green field in summer carpeted by yellow dandelions, or when, in winter, I close myself off from the cold and write in a room with a TV screen as big as a wall, I think of Bradbury. . ."
With joy. Always with joy.
Neil Gaiman, from his Introduction

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tantor Media, will be producing some audio titles by Ray. The first will be LONG AFTER MIDNIGHT. The voice actor will be Michael Prichard...who played Captain Beatty in the last stage version of F451 for Ray.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tantor Media, will be producing some audio titles by Ray.

Any idea if these will be new readings or remasterings of previous recordings?

Either way this is great news!Thanks!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Michael Prichard...a really good man!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
quote:
Tantor Media, will be producing some audio titles by Ray.

Any idea if these will be new readings or remasterings of previous recordings?

Either way this is great news!Thanks!

Brand spanking new readings.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

Yes! I recently heard from Michael, who told me that as he was checking his email whilst visiting Green Town, he received confirmation that these projects were forthcoming! The irony was lost neither on Michael or me!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

Yes! I recently heard from Michael, who told me that as he was checking his email whilst visiting Green Town, he received confirmation that these projects were forthcoming! The irony was lost neither on Michael or me!

Being in the Green Town library was a plus.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Gauntlet seems to be doing two Bradbury titles this year. I just got this in my email. I'm curious as to what it would be?

quote:
Within the next several weeks once contracts are signed we will announce a new Ray Bradbury project, which will be published this year. And, Bradbury will be signing very few copies of this book (the lettered edition and a small signed numbered edition). Just keep an eye out for a forthcoming announcement.

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a webpage of the aforementioned Tantor titles by Ray Bradbury:

http://www.tantor.com/BookDeta...ct=1820_LongMidnight

Also, if you have an audible.com account, you can now download three of the above TANTOR titles.
THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES and SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES and NIGHTMARES ON CONGRESS STREET,Part V (which features THE WIND).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,

Was just looking to see if there was any info "out there" about the new collection Juggernaut. Found were the Saturday Evening Post article on the story which has been posted before: http://www.saturdayeveningpost...etry/juggernaut.html by the good jkt I believe.

But also this, which I'm not sure has been posted. It contains a pdf of the short story THE MAGIC WHITE SUIT aka "The Wonderful Ice-Cream Suit" with original artwork and vintage advertisements:
http://www.saturdayeveningpost...ggernaut-writer.html

This may have been posted before, but thought it'd be worth a look again.

posted Hide Post
Linnl, thanks for the post (or should I say Post). I'd seen the former, but not the latter.

(I now know where to go to get those ferrite and potentiometers to prevent trouble in my TV set...)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,

Checked back at the Saturday Evening Post website and spotted this
http://www.saturdayeveningpost...ir-ray-bradbury.html

with a pdf download available as "Summer in the Air" appeared in 1956 along with art by Amos Sewell. Neato!

posted Hide Post
What's all this about a new collection called JUGGERNAUT?

Ray said it would be out "next Christmas", but does that mean 2010 or 2011?

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
What's all this about a new collection called JUGGERNAUT?

Ray said it would be out "next Christmas", but does that mean 2010 or 2011?

That is correct. Wink

Also, the artwork Ray wants for the cover is quite unique.

John King Tarpinian