Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Forthcoming Titles
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forthcoming Titles
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks, John! But is the release targeted for this year or next year? ("Next" Christmas is ambiguous to me - dunno if it's a transatlantic thing).

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
Thanks, John! But is the release targeted for this year or next year? ("Next" Christmas is ambiguous to me - dunno if it's a transatlantic thing).

If Ray says next Christmas it'll be next Christmas. I've not thought to ask him to clarify.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks again. Didn't mean to be impatient! Something to look forward to.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
Thanks again. Didn't mean to be impatient! Something to look forward to.

I can tell you that all the stories are with the publisher. None of which have ever been published before, a few old a few new.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know the status of Becoming BRadbury vol. 1 or of first volume of the Collected Bradbury. I thought they were both due around Sept or Oct and was expecting to find them on Amazon by now.

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last information I had from Jon Eller, author of "Becoming Ray Bradbury: 1920-1953", the volume was with the publisher (University of Illinois Press) - and Jon was already well into writing the second volume.

And the last information I had from Bill Touponce on the collected short stories, was that it was going to the publishers in the last quarter of 2009. Again, work on volume 2 is already underway.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The foreword to a new book in support of the printed book is wriitten by Ray Bradbury:

http://www.amazon.com/Bound-La...id=1287614188&sr=1-5

Also, he contributed to this new book:

http://www.amazon.com/Gratitud...id=1287614569&sr=1-6

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A new title from PS PUBLISHING is mentioned in their latest email, but its not up on the PS website yet. Frowner Its going to be in their STANZA poetry line: Greentown Redux by Ray Bradbury.

Also Bradbury has some praise on a new poetry book by Helen Patrice:

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/...ars-by-helen-patrice

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Little Nemo, scheduled for release in the October Country.

Thanks, jkt!

Winsor is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nemo! is potentially a very significant work. From the portions already published (in the New Ray Bradbury Review) you can see that it's a true blend of Bradbury and McCay. If only this screenplay had been filmed, this could have been one of the major works of Bradbury's later career (for those who don't know, the film entered the all too familiar "development hell", was passed from one writer/producer/director to another before eventually being made in a completely modified form; I seem to recall Bradbury's screen credit in the final film was something like "concept by Ray Bradbury").

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This might be closer to the original work.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

Nope.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

That link only works for Netflix subscribers. Won't work for me, anyhow. Here's a better link:

http://www.milestonefilms.com/movie.php/winsor/

I haven't seen this DVD, but it's bound to be better than the film that ultimately derived from Ray's work, which is this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L...tures_in_Slumberland

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
That link only works for Netflix subscribers.

That's peculiar. In the past I've been able to search films on that site without being logged in to my account. Curious.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Oh, I can search and browse the site, but the link you provided takes me to a login screen.

- Phil