Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Book signing event
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Book signing event
 Login/Join

posted
I heard that Ray is going to be at the Laguna Beach Library sometime in November to sign his new book. If anyone has the date...could please let me know?
Thanks.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
blitzmesser:

Yep!
Ray will be at the LAGUNA BEACH LIBRARY in November. Couldn't pin anyone down (on this late Friday afternoon)...who would know exact date and time, but will find out Monday morning and post it then.

Library is at:
363 Glenneyre Street
Laguna Beach, CA 92651

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=363+Glenneyre+St,+Laguna+...sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I will look for your post later today or tomorrow. Hope you can find out something. If I find out anything specific, I will post it here, as well.

posted Hide Post
RAY BRADBURY at Laguna Beach Library

Just talked to them and ...they had to reschedule the date and time.

So nothing will be determined until the 5th of November at a meeting, she said. Call back then, she added.

But I'd guess I'll call 'em before hand. Never know. Maybe somebody will come up with a definite before that Nov. 5th meeting.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Nard. I will call the library, as well.
If I find out anything I will post it here.

posted Hide Post
NOTE about Ray speaking in Orange County

Just talked to LAGUNA BEACH LIBRARY...and they said:

"Friday, December 14th, 6PM"

posted Hide Post
Is he just speaking, or will there be a signing as well?

Posts: 12 | Location: Arkansas! | Registered: 27 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MedicAR:

Ray rarely does a talk anywhere without signing books.

posted Hide Post
MedicAR: You must take a look at one of Nard's YouTube videos from Ray's last birthday party. The one where Bill Nolan and George Clayton Johnson joke about finding an unsigned Bradbury book.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought I would post the following concerning the upcoming presentation of Frost and Fire at the Alex Theatre in Glendale CA. Based upon Ray's story.

http://www.alextheatre.org/events/07_1109.html

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
I thought I would post the following concerning the upcoming presentation of Frost and Fire at the Alex Theatre in Glendale CA. Based upon Ray's story.

http://www.alextheatre.org/events/07_1109.html

Just got back from the premiere. A very powerful rendention of the short story. Even the people who were unfamiliar with the story would have enjoyed the performance. I'm hoping Doug Spaulding will have time to post a few stills over the weekend.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Just got back from the premiere.

At 11.30? We didn't get home til midnight, and you gave us a headstart!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I'm hoping Doug Spaulding will have time to post a few stills over the weekend.

I'll do it, but I prefer "on the weekend".

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about "at the weekend"?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just as good.

Hope I'll get it posted before a fortnight expires.

"Live Forever!"