Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Address question - please help
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Address question - please help
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone,

I know there are quite a few posts on this board about this same subject. I have an address that I found on the net for Mr. Bradbury in Los Angeles. I'd really like to send him a book to be signed and a brief letter, as I understand he still answers his mail. I am looking for what will be the quickest address to get a reply from. I believe his home address is the one in LA?

I also understand that it is not allowed to post his address on the board. Can someone help me out by sending a PM or email to: matthew@cjam.ca - any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have emailed Matthew.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi I have same thing to ask.. I am visiting US for a short time period, since I am from Russia I don't think that mister Ray Bradbury will ever visit it Frowner my dad has all Bradbury's books and I am a huge fan myself so I would be so happy if you could help me with his address Smiler Thank you
my mail is monday.everyday@yahoo.com

Posts: 1 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 28 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are after a personal meeting, you will just have to check the forum announcements here for his upcoming personal appearances.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would also appreciate the address. I would like to send him a letter. Could someone please PM me? Thanks!

Posts: 3 | Registered: 30 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I do email but I never PM. Not ignoring this, just asking someone else please to take it.

posted Hide Post
Rinnyboo and others: Mr. Bradbury can be reached through his publishers, Harper Collins. They sponsor this site. You can find their address on the Harper Collins homepage.

This is how I initially contacted him. He's an extremely personable individual, and used to respond to much of his fan mail. Due to what appears to be a very demanding schedule, I no longer know if he does that. Be considerate though, and include a SASE anyway.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He still does Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Parish,

Posts: 86 | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Parish, while I very much enjoyed reading the wonderful letter you received, it would probably be a good idea to re-post your letter with Ray's home address deleted. I believe it has always been the policy on this board not to give out Ray's home address. I'm sure that Dandelion can confirm.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

Posts: 2475 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks ~
I thought I did hide it when I hit the "hide" button! I had sent a message off to the website moderator to see if it was acceptable or not to post as it came on "Enterprises" letterhead. I will re-scan withot addy and repost. My apologies is I have stepped on any toes!
It was certainly not my intention!!!

posted Hide Post
I am thrilled to say that I got my package back from Mr. Bradbury today. I mailed it out with a delivery confirmation from the return address and it seemed like years for it to get here since I kept checking the USPS site like 10 times a day. Actually, it only took him a couple of days to reply. Now I have a book signed by a Pulitzer Prize winning author.

I included my hardcover copy of 'Fahrenheit 451' and a letter, asking him to please autograph it. He did, also personalized it and even sent a small advertisement for what I assume is a new book.

Oh yeah, he also drew a little guy around my address on the return envelope, so I opened it ever so carefully. I won't scan it though, because I know it's against the rules to give out his home address and I don't want to give out mine.

I'm very happy. Here's what he sent:

Edit: Also, thanks to Dandelion and everyone else on the board for helping me get this package to him. It's much appreciated.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats terrific!
Yep, thats "Farewell Summer" his sequel to "Dandelion Wine" but your cover is different from what was published. I like yours better! It is a combination of the old and new, sweet!

Congrats again!

posted Hide Post
I would appreciate this information as well. I am new to the site and cant figure out how to do anything. I tried to email months back but did not receive a response.

Thank you for repeating yourselves yet again.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 26 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to write Mr. Bradbury a letter. But I'm afraid I am far too shy.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WildGravity, looking back on your life, I hope you never have to ask the question, "Now why didn't I do that?"

Doug's right, send a letter.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post