Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Fahrenheit 451 CAN ANYONE HELP can u answer these few questions ANYTHING WILL WORK.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 451 CAN ANYONE HELP can u answer these few questions ANYTHING WILL WORK.
 Login/Join

posted
hello my name is derek i have read fahrenheit 451 2 imes and i have some questions i can answer anything will do or iff you know them all i just need help.

1.the setting of the book?
2.the major problem of the book?
3.the protaginist of the book?
4.The antagonist of the book?
5.The climax of the book?
6.The resolution of the book?
7.determine which one of the following best fits the protaginist of your book...

1.hero
2.villian
3.he/she is a victim of society
4.he/she is a victim of circumstances beyond his/her control
5.he/she is "initiated into life (the world of adulthood)

then write a paragraph defending your decision 3 different examples..
topic sentence, support, evidence, tie-in
support, evidence, tie-in
support, evidence, tie-in

thanks you so much any one who can help please e-mail me at derekwysocki@hotmail.com

Posts: 1 | Location: toledo,ohio | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Were you awake both times when you read Fahrenheit 451?

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with Green Shadow, I'm afraid. If you can't identify the protaganist, you're in trouble.
Sorry if this seems a bit harsh, but these "Do my homework for me" messages are becoming tiresome.

Posts: 79 | Location: Tomerong, NSW, Australia | Registered: 16 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen.

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmm... I read the book once and i got all of those from it, numbnuts. Maybe you should have your mommy read it to you for a bed time story.

... Butkus (you have to see the movie "Kentucky Fried Movie" to get the meaning of that, I don't think you will understand the movie either, the humour is probably too complicated for you... too bad.)

We are building an army of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our spirits in the traditions of our ancestors. Dr. Klahn has your gratitude. (gong)

[This message has been edited by Onyxdragon (edited 02-24-2002).]

Yer Muther

Posts: 6 | Location: USSR, Siberia, | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few return questions:
-When was your "assignment" due?
-What did Clarisse say about school?
-What did you think of the big screen tv's and the constant playing of music in some of the characters' ear plugs (shells)?
-Why was Montag a different person at the end of the story?
-Why the title F451?
-Do you have time the book a third time?!

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
another question to add to fjpalumbo's list:
What is the hidden significance of the names Montag and Faber?

You do know who those people are right?

Posts: 10 | Location: edgewater park, NJ, USA | Registered: 31 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be there to join Ray Bradbury as he receives a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 11:30 am on Monday, April 1. (This is no April Fool's joke.)
Ray's star will be in front of Larry Edmunds Bookshop, 6644 Hollywood Boulevard, in Hollywood, Califonia.

Ray is being honored in Los Angeles in April as the city is reading "Fahrenhiet 451" in its first citywide reading program.

Ray will be there, as will Charlton Heston.

Check out www.lapl.org/F451

Posts: 7 | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So much is missed if Fahrenheit 451 is read on a literal level only. Classroom teachers do need to get the students "Fired Up". This book can easily become a source of challenging research, interpretation, and discussion - at the exact right time in HS students' learning.

From what I have read on the many allusion made by Mr. Bradbury in F451, the references to Guy Montag and Prof. Faber may be seen as follows:
Guy Montag - a Guy Fawkes was involved in 1605 for a plot to blow up England's House of Parliament. The novel's protagonist does this in a way (placing books in homes of firemen and torching Beatty) to dislodge the "traditions" of the burners.

The name Montag is also a trade mark name for the Mead Paper Company (I recall reading it(?) was the paper used by the author during his 9 day creation of the original format for the novel.)

Ironically, another company named Montag was a furnace manufacturing company. Keen play on words for the protagonist's 1st and last names.

Prof. Faber - a reference to Peter Faber who tutored St. Ignatius Loyola (founder of the 1st Jesuit Colleges). Thus, he was a key figure in the education and inspiration of an individual who would go on to change learning and heighten the awareness of many disciplined learners who followed. Faber remains in the background fanning the sparks in both cases.

As well, a Faber Co. produces pencils which are commented on by the author in some "Afterwords" of recent versions of F451. The paper, reading, writing, light, and learning metaphors are too numerous to list - and help to establish the timeless importance of the novel.

Another interesting name choice is Clarisse which means the "(most) or brightest" in Latin. If not for Clarisse, GM would never have sensed the "faintest breath of fresh apricots and strawberries in the (night) air." She offers a light for Guy to truly see for the first time.

...and these are just 3 considerations among dozens which may be discussed in the book. I often have a copy of Paradise Lost (Milton) or a complete collection of Shakespeare on hand to emphasize the importance of background and cross-references in a reading assignment.

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 04-02-2002).]

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you sure the furnance company Montag shares the name with isn't Maytag?

Im doing a school project and I went searching for a Montag furnance company and found nothing, so I thought that could have been an easy mistake. I found the rest of those facts very helpful though.

If it turns out to be true let me know.

Posts: 2 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 14 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
�Furnance� company? Be sure your lamp is lit when you post and venture here for this site is closed and dark and you may be eaten by a grue.

>east

[This message has been edited by Chapter 31 (edited 12-14-2005).]

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Furnace...my bad..please beat me with the stupid stick.

Thank you

Posts: 2 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 14 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Here's a good stout stick to beat the lovely Lizard."

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And me thinkin� it was safe to be takin� a sip of coffee in front of the monitor once more.

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post