Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Fahrenheit 451 CAN ANYONE HELP can u answer these few questions ANYTHING WILL WORK.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 451 CAN ANYONE HELP can u answer these few questions ANYTHING WILL WORK.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
It's Homeric, that's what it is, Homeric.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As in epic/poetic or Duff beer?

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As in another quote from "The Quiet Man" now with Saint Patrick's Day comin' up.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suspected that and did a search of the script that turned up negative. The back of my mind said it was a �Quiet Man� quote though. Now I must watch the film again and find out where it was but I�m thinking it was a �Barry Fitzgerald�.

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Barry Fitzgerald, when they delivered the furniture to the cottage and he saw the broken bed. That hilarious scene was removed by censors in some American states!

posted Hide Post
Thanks to my interest being piqued by posts here by Dandy & others, I just saw "The Quiet Man" 2 weeks ago and "The Phantom Tollbooth" just yesterday!
Great stuff, though the latter wasn't as close to the book as I had hoped. Interesting to see Butch Patrick in a role other than Eddie Munster, though.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, the bed:

"Oh, a man�d have to be a sprinter to catch his wife in a bed like that."

and

�Impetuous youth!�

My sides ached from that one.

[This message has been edited by Chapter 31 (edited 03-05-2006).]

posted Hide Post
Ever see "Lidsville"?

posted Hide Post
Never even heard of Lidsville, but I did a search on it and it sounds bizarre. Being a fan of Monty Python, though, I might like it...
Unrelated, but where is Nard these days?
I miss his personality in these and other discussions.
Also unrelated, but Good Lent to those of you who observe the fast!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Nard, and Mr. Dark has also been away for some time now. Hope all is well.

Reading Phantom Tollbooth with our boys. Clever, with similarities to Lemony books, - play on words, puns, allusions not so obvious, etc. For 8 & 10 yrs., they get it pretty well most of the time and have good questions when not.

We'll check out the film right after the last page turns. (Ah, Carrots!)

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Presumably Nard is in the midst of following Ray's illustrious footsteps in moving from Illinois to California.

posted Hide Post
*bump*

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the conflict?
What is the climax?
What is the rising acton?
What is the falling action?
What is the resolution?
That is from Fahrenheit 451...if someone has something can they please send it to my email....? angelpinkkim13@msn.com...thanks

Posts: 1 | Registered: 30 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then they'd be depriving you of the experience of reading a great book!