Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 110

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Don Grady, original Mouseketeer and Robbie on My Three Sons! http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=739426

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is simply too much. The two celebrities I was most dreading losing were Ray and my beloved Andy Griffith.

I wanna disappear for awhile.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
This is simply too much. The two celebrities I was most dreading losing were Ray and my beloved Andy Griffith.

I wanna disappear for awhile.

Condolences, Doug.

My favourite Andy Griffith thing was SALVAGE (or SALVAGE ONE). Going to the moon in a home-made rocket. No one seems to remember that one apart from me.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
No one seems to remember that one apart from me.

Well, I remember. Harve Bennet put that together I believe.

Condolences to Doug as well. Many Alabamians will remember Andy Griffith.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, no! I love Andy Griffith, loved Matlock. You are right, this is getting to be too much, losing all these beloved people at once. What is going on. :'(

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favourite Andy Griffith thing was SALVAGE (or SALVAGE ONE). Going to the moon in a home-made rocket. No one seems to remember that one apart from me.[/QUOTE]

Wow! I still think of that show! Still recall the opening, with Griffith talking about space junk: "gonna bring it back 'n sell it..." Left a real impression on my kid self.
Mr. Griffith seemed like such a likeable guy.
The Andy Griffith Show was a gentle tonic against cynicism. So long, Andy.

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Phil, I messed up the above quote somehow and left your name off. Thanks for reminding me about "Salvage 1."
Also: Doug, I've noticed your many mentions of the Andy Griffith Show, and I thought of you when I heard the news today. Take care.

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This blow came just after I visited California, saw Don Knotts's grave, Ron Howard's footprints at Mann's Chinese theater, and was rejoicing that Andy was still with us. Near Mann's I had a 20th anniversary visit with Dean Stockwell's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It was while in town for this ceremony that I had my only real-life Andy Griffith sighting. (I tried to take his picture but the Universal Studios tram moved too fast.) I read postings on Facebook until I was almost crying and had to stop.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
My favourite Andy Griffith thing was SALVAGE (or SALVAGE ONE). Going to the moon in a home-made rocket. No one seems to remember that one apart from me.

I loved that film and the series which followed. Watched them all!

Thank you all for your good words.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My turn to be sad at the death of a TV comedy genius:

RIP Eric Sykes.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:

I loved that film and the series which followed. Watched them all!

Thank you all for your good words.

Please accept my sympathies, too. I was quite blue yesterday and feel for ya, man. I'm not familiar with the movie but it sounds like Ray's story "The Rocket" and the Buster Keaton movie The Modern Bluebeard aka Boom in the Moon although both of them had the twist that the principals never actually reached the moon, and the story Ray wrote about a substandard rocket did not end well.

posted Hide Post
quote:
My turn to be sad at the death of a TV comedy genius:

RIP Eric Sykes.

I don't recognize the man but am sorry you are sad.

posted Hide Post
Ernest Borgnine

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/08/...-borgnine/index.html

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Borgnine was always great!
Timeless in McHale's Navy and Katczinsky in All Quiet on the West Front.
Peace.

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can those of you who may see Sylvester Stallone at Comic Con in San Diego please pass on my condolences on the tragic passing of his son Sage? I have been a fan ever since the first Rocky and this comes as another blow in a very sad summer.